So what D'yall think of this guitar???

who cares if its plastic!

computers are plastic but people still make music on them :D

but if you like it get it and stop drinking your cheap candian booze

freak :D

the guitar that makes you happy is the one you should buy.

as you get more experienced with acoustic playing, you will likely find that an ovation plastic guitar is simply not pleasing in non-live situations-the sound, responsiveness, feel, and overall quality of a nice, wood-built acoustic will make their mutual lacking clear as you play more guitars.

i personally would not likely buy an ovation for more than a dumpster price at this point, but i still play a cheap alvarez and it makes me happy. when i have a grand to throw at a guitar, i may feel differently, but the alvarez sounds and feels pleasing to me.

zer0sig said:
as you get more experienced with acoustic playing, you will likely find that an ovation plastic guitar is simply not pleasing in non-live situations-the sound, responsiveness, feel, and overall quality of a nice, wood-built acoustic will make their mutual lacking clear as you play more guitars.

i personally would not likely buy an ovation for more than a dumpster price at this point

I agree. I know my point didn't come across very clearly, so I'll clarify. What I was trying to say is... "spend your money once." After 2 months you'll regret buying that Ovation. After 6 months you'll be kicking yourself for not heeding the advice of getting a better guitar... trust me on this.

I have one more guitar you may want to check out before you make the mistake of buying a Plasti-coustic Ovation.

Check THIS one out!

http://www.playmusicfree.com/reviews/yamaha-silent-steel.html

It looks like you can get one for under $500 US.
Check out more reviews here:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Yamaha/SLG100S-Silent-Guitar-01.html

I own two Yamaha guitars (1 acoustic, 1 electric) and can vouch for their stellar build-quality and excellent sound. I just hate to see you make a serious mistake with the Ovation. Hell, it wouldn't even make for a decent piece of firewood since the smoke would be toxic when you burn it! :eek:;):D:D

charlie b said:
I think it's a beautiful guitar. Maybe when you're not playing it you can take it on dates :D

Weren't you paying attention? It doesn't have a hole!

I'm with Buck on this one. The Taylor big baby is the best new guitar you can get for under $300 (that I've played). I wasn't all that impressed with the Seagulls but I haven't played that many of them.

lol. I think the look of it alone will garner dates period ;).

Well, I've looked at the guitar you posted, and read up. It looks pretty decent, at the very least an interesting concept.

I also read some reviews of the guitar I'm looking at here. People seem to like it pretty good. It is a couple hundred bucks cheaper so I suppose it can't really compare to the ones a step up, which you reccomend.

Honestly it is damn cheap, so I don't see how I can regret buying it. I play mostly heavy music anyhow, so I don't know how much acoustic stuff is gonna happen anyhow.

And, you may hate me for this, but, how about plugging this thing in, and halfway thru a tune I kick in some distortion. I think this is probably the only kindof guitar stylewize that would be suited for that kindof thing...if at all.

I've bought all kinds of POS' in this lifetime :D. But rarely have I regretted buying something sooner than 6 months.

Hey dude, I didn't miss your point, honestly, and thanks for your opinions, and info. It is much appreciated :).

In 6 months when I'm bitchin' you can say I told you so.

In the meantime it'll be fun to mess with.

badassmak said:
lol. I think the look of it alone will garner dates period ;).

Well, I've looked at the guitar you posted, and read up. It looks pretty decent, at the very least an interesting concept.

I also read some reviews of the guitar I'm looking at here. People seem to like it pretty good. It is a couple hundred bucks cheaper so I suppose it can't really compare to the ones a step up, which you reccomend.

Honestly it is damn cheap, so I don't see how I can regret buying it. I play mostly heavy music anyhow, so I don't know how much acoustic stuff is gonna happen anyhow.

And, you may hate me for this, but, how about plugging this thing in, and halfway thru a tune I kick in some distortion. I think this is probably the only kindof guitar stylewize that would be suited for that kindof thing...if at all.

I've bought all kinds of POS' in this lifetime :D. But rarely have I regretted buying something sooner than 6 months.

Hey dude, I didn't miss your point, honestly, and thanks for your opinions, and info. It is much appreciated :).

In 6 months when I'm bitchin' you can say I told you so.

In the meantime it'll be fun to mess with.

I'm with ya here.....I've owned quite a few guitars in my life, still have a few "wood" guitars. I like them all. I just happen to like the Ovations better.
As far as the electric music is concerned, that's a big part of the attraction to me. Just hit that stomp box man and let er rip! Wanna hear what it sounds like, listen to the MR8 Collaboration on my site @ NWR. About half way through the tune, you'll hear a distorted rhythm guitar...that's an Ovation A/E.

bd

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2834&alid=-1

Kissing Black Frogs...

bdbdbuck said:
I'm with ya here.....I've owned quite a few guitars in my life, still have a few "wood" guitars. I like them all. I just happen to like the Ovations better.
As far as the electric music is concerned, that's a big part of the attraction to me. Just hit that stomp box man and let er rip! Wanna hear what it sounds like, listen to the MR8 Collaboration on my site @ NWR. About half way through the tune, you'll hear a distorted rhythm guitar...that's an Ovation A/E.

bd

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2834&alid=-1

Right on, I kinda figured I wasn't the only person looking at the stomp box angle. That sounds pretty cool man, thanks for the listening pleasure. That sure is a pretty crazy bass line too, I like it. The thing I found I really liked about the guitar was that its so easy to play.

opinions....we all have them. This is one I have to jump on the minority wagon (I think): I HATE ovations, the damn roundback is uncomfortable to handle, it rolls around, it slides off your lap, it doesn't sit against your body that nicely, and they sound like they have a permanent chorus pedal attached to them.

Me, I go for big body, Jumbo guitars that kick out the low end and have fat tone like :

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA...50%26VNM%3DLIVE%26AFLG%3DY%26LGFL%3DN,00.html

Buck62 said:
So????

Did you buy the Ovation yet???

No I haven't bought anything yet, some of my finances got F#cked up. I don't think I will be buying ANY guitar soon (within the next three months), unfortunately. Hell I even had to sell one :mad: . If I did buy one I'd be spending every last penny I have, and that's not a very wise thing at this point and time.

As far as toxic smoke, well, what isn't toxic these days :).

Maybe not being able to jump on this right away is a good thing. I'll keep looking at the whole market out there in the meantime, so thanks for those links and all of your opinions.

Guitar

I play an Ovation Pinnacle and I'd highly recommend any Ovation guitar! Top stuff, plugged or unplugged. I'd gig with it without a spare

Unfortunately my funds supply has been hijacked, so I can't afford it right now anyhow. So I bought this hunk of plastic called a J-station instead. I wonder if it has any Ovation presets ? :confused: :D :p ...

Back