So SAD

I get that young people use auto tune and mime vocals while playing live. They have no musical integrity. I have a video of Pink live. She's swinging on a rope and the vocal is perfect. She's walking across the stage singing, and her breath is louder than her vocal. It's ridiculous.

What's so sad is older bands like The Eagles are miming to at least one of their songs? This video shows that Don Henley is miming the vocal to Desperado. Retire, don't rip the public off.

He has missed what is really going on - just like all like video it is doctored to improve the audio - more likely these two videos (and probably tons more) have the same vocal track dropped in.

He has missed what is really going on - just like all like video it is doctored to improve the audio - more likely these two videos (and probably tons more) have the same vocal track dropped in.
I don't see how these could have the same "vocal track dropped in" to improve the audio since they are audience captures, from different cities months apart. How would the two people know which vocal track to use? I could understand if they were videos put out by the Eagles themselves, but that's not the case.

If anyone "dropped in" new audio, it would have been the Eagles, though the PA system.

I don't see how these could have the same "vocal track dropped in" to improve the audio since they are audience captures, from different cities months apart. How would the two people know which vocal track to use? I could understand if they were videos put out by the Eagles themselves, but that's not the case.

If anyone "dropped in" new audio, it would have been the Eagles, though the PA system.
Just because people say they are audience captures doesn’t mean they are - it could be the Eagles people promoting them - thats what I think.

A bit of a conspiracy theorist, Papa? 8-)

They are obviously two different people.
The first guy, Walter Z has videos going back to 2017, with only 2 of the 218 videos being the Eagles. A few are what appears to be him playing acoustic guitar.

The other fellow, GhostRiderRocks, has 103 videos going back to Van Halen in 2012.

Now, let's talk about that SNL clip of Ashlee Simpson. I think that one is a deep fake to discredit a wonderful singer/dancer! That girl can do a HoeDown!

😜

Maybe it's because I've lived in concert halls most of my life that musicians lyp syncing live is absolutely PATHETIC. Backing tracks to liven the sound is not cheating, BAD used them on everything, and they still had like ten guys on stage. It assists in not requiring more musicians than necessary. Lypsyncing isn't performance enhancing, it's performance replacement.

Someone mentioned Pink saying she did it live. She didn't. In that video she doesn't say she did it live. She said the acrobatic teacher punched her while rehearsing. She was never asked if it was live or recorded. Frankly, the interviewer probably didn't know to even ask. The opening clip she's spinning and singing into a hand held mic and perfect. Can't walk across the stage without heavy breaths, spinning no problem. I like her. She's nothing special. But, for what she is, she's talented. I don't even mind the lypsyncing because she's putting on an incredible performance. I'd rather see her sing the songs live with less of a show. I saw Cher, and she was live. She's pitchy. If she was recorded (she was the first to use autotune, DAMN HER. But, it was used in a creative way) she'd have autotuned tracks.

As musicians have a little respect for the art.

My first concert was Zeppelin, and 3 (not including Plant) guys sounded like a dozen. Mistakes and all, they're better than most other 4 - 5 member bands. Let's not forget, Jones was playing keyboards and handling bass with his feet. That guy does not get the respect he deserves. I saw him with Diamanda Galas. I was up against the stage in front of him. His keyboards are eerily brilliant, and his feet were not playing straight forward bass. I seriously didn't know how he was doing it. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:
Most artists perform to a backing track..

I saw Metallica with kid rock one summer. It was hot, the crowd was rowdy, throwing water bottles. One hit the mic stand squarely. Not a sound from the hit. Either the gate was amazingly fast or the sound engineer was super awesome...OR IT WAS TRACKED!
Neither here nor there, I'm just gob smacked that a portion of my living room is your Avatar.

Back