So SAD

Snowman999

I get that young people use auto tune and mime vocals while playing live. They have no musical integrity. I have a video of Pink live. She's swinging on a rope and the vocal is perfect. She's walking across the stage singing, and her breath is louder than her vocal. It's ridiculous.

What's so sad is older bands like The Eagles are miming to at least one of their songs? This video shows that Don Henley is miming the vocal to Desperado. Retire, don't rip the public off.

I'm not sure those Pink "Glitter In The Air" aerial performances were lip-sync'd unless someone has credible information directly from someone in a position to know.

Pavarotti's "last performance" of Nessun Dorma was lip-sync'd, I don't think many people cared.

Most artists perform to a backing track..

I saw Metallica with kid rock one summer. It was hot, the crowd was rowdy, throwing water bottles. One hit the mic stand squarely. Not a sound from the hit. Either the gate was amazingly fast or the sound engineer was super awesome...OR IT WAS TRACKED!

Last edited:
I saw Pete Townshend at Woodstock 93 on the original grounds. He had canned drums, I thought I could feel Keith under foot rolling over in his grave.
If you can't make it, fake it. If you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough.

I'm not sure those Pink "Glitter In The Air" aerial performances were lip-sync'd unless someone has credible information directly from someone in a position to know.
It's actually quite common to re-track concert video vocals (even Michael Jackson I believe did it very often) -- which would explain Pink's "perfect" vocals while doing stunts.

It's actually quite common to re-track concert video vocals (even Michael Jackson I believe did it very often) -- which would explain Pink's "perfect" vocals while doing stunts.
She contends that she's really doing it. I can't find anything that says otherwise. The plosives and breath sounds are characteristic of using a handheld mic.

Back