So Post-hardcore guitars.. Pls help :)

SebastianE

Hi, so I got this problem where.. I simply can't get my guitars to sound right... I want them to sound something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHxL_x7_tQM if it doesn't work look for: Her Bright Skies - DJ Got Us Fallin In Love Again (Full Band Cover)

I simply can't...
I'm using both free and bought products, like amplitube.. I record my guitar directly to my interference (if you can say that, I'm not english) so it's all clean, sounds like what ever guitar ever that is recorded that way...
Then i start, with the basics, eq'n n stuff.. I try so hard to get that sound in everyway (that I've found)... but I can't and that have led me to make this post.. Please help! give tips! and ask for more questions if needed..

Last edited:
Your link doesn't work so I can't hear the guitars you're trying to sound like, but just buying a cheap amp simulator isn't necessarily going to get you pro sounding guitars.

Your link doesn't work so I can't hear the guitars you're trying to sound like, but just buying a cheap amp simulator isn't necessarily going to get you pro sounding guitars.
yep ........ since your link ain't happening I can't be sure but I'd bet whoever it is uses real amps as opposed to ampsims and even if they use sims they probably use something like a Fractal which is a couple of thousand bucks.

Her Bright Skies - DJ Got Us Fallin In Love Again (Full Band Cover)
you need to get 10 posts so you can post links and files. Basically no one here is gonna go searching for that.
Just go make some comments on various threads and get your 10 posts.

Just listened to it, but I didn't have to to tell you that they're using a mesa boogie Dual Rec. Haha I actually was trying to find cheaper alternatives to buying that amp recently. I have a thread in the guitar section of this forum. Anyways; cranked tube head, doubled rhythm guitars. There are definitely amp sims that will get you semi-close but not nearly as rich sounding as a real tube head. Especially a mesa

Damn what's so hard copy n pasting to youtube, alright... strange but okay
nothing strange about it. I (and everyone else) have a LOT of threads to go thru here ..... I don't feel like switching to youtube and pasting that in ..... it takes a certain amount of time and if everyone did it that way it'd take a lot of extra time. I actually only listen to a certain amount of people's clips anyway because of the time issue so when there's extra time added to it I just jump to someone else's clip that is linked because their question is just as important to them so either way I can help someone and it's easier and quicker for me to help the guy who has links up. Sorry but that's just the way it is.

Besides ..... the answer is what I originally said it is ..... they're using a tube amp and a nice one at that.
You're pretty much not gonna get that sound by recording direct and EQing it and using some cheap ampsim.
There ARE sims that'll do it but they cost a bit.

Hey, Sebastian. Let me tell you a secret. Hear closely:

Guitar magic doesn't exist!

No amp simulator is going to give you the full rich and vicious tone of a real amp. You can get close with expensive equipment but there's nothing like a cranked tube amp. If you have a big wallet, make your choice: Mesa Boogie, ENGL, Bogner, Hughes & Kettner. If you're on a budget, go find some old Peavey Bravo, which is a killer amp. Buy some Sovtek Russian tubes, change the ones that came with that amp, and you'll get a quite decent sound for recording. Use a Shure SM57 to close mic the amp.

There's another thing you need to emulate that tone: A good metal guitar: Jackson, BC Rich, Schecter, Moser... I mean, it is impossible to get that tone with sloppy single coils. You need massive gain coming from your pickups. Therefore, humbuckers and active pickups are the way to go (Seymour Duncan Distortion, EMG 81, Dimarzio Super Distortion)

GOOD PLAYING + Good guitar + Proper pickups + (Cranked) Tube amp = Your desired tone.

Good luck.

Back