So I guess if you're rich and famous, your death is worth mourning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think its a question of being famous as much as it is about actually knowing of the person.

I'm also still a bit on the fence about this modern ritual of publicly grieving and having everyone and their uncle chime in with their thoughts, prayers and condolences on people that they've never known directly.

Sorry. :o

I don't think its a question of being famous as much as it is about actually knowing of the person.

I'm also still a bit on the fence about this modern ritual of publicly grieving and having everyone and their uncle chime in with their thoughts, prayers and condolences on people that they've never known directly.

Sorry. :o

You make a good point. I do have a more vested interest than most people here would about this individual. But my intention was more about helping us all, myself included, remember that life is short.

You make a good point. I do have a more vested interest than most people here would about this individual. But my intention was more about helping us all, myself included, remember that life is short.

Life is short.

I remember recently hearing a comedy sketch about that exact phrase and the comedian retorted back that life was not short! It was in fact the longest damn thing that anyone would ever experience! :D

But when it comes to us realizing our own mortality and how precious it all is, that seems to be something that one must experience for themselves for it to really hit home. I go through moments of that realization many times a day like while standing at the curb, waiting to cross the road, thinking to myself that I'm one foot step away from death should I be foolish enough to step out onto the roadway with cars and trucks whizzing by me.

Then, when I hear about a famous or not so famous musician who bought the farm in the prime of his life, I can't seem to place the same terror into my mind about that as I could, standing on the curb, a few inches away from a speeding truck driven by a guy on a cell phone in his own little myopic world too.

Anyway, If you are truly grieving over this man's passing away, I'll offer my apologies for messing that up for you.

Cheers! :)

While I have heard of Killing Joke, and know Metallica covered one of their songs, I know nothing of the band...or it's individual members.

Life can be short, and we all need to remember this, and do our best to make sure we have fun while we can...and enjoy....

Peace.

Last edited:
We are all just seconds away from oblivion.
A mans worth can't be judged on how many people came to the funeral.
Does it really matter?
We all get killed several times in our life before the final coupe de gras.

While I have heard of Killing Joke, and know Metallica covered one of their songs, I know nothing of the band...or it's individual members.

Life can be short, and we all need to remember this, and do our best to make sure we have fun while we can...and enjoy....

Peace.
Every single one of us is headed for the bone orchard and, at my age, Ihave impending death looking over my shoulder.
That's why you have to live your life with gusto and enthusiasm because you never know if today is the last day.
RIP ... Paul Raven. I don't have a clue who you were but you were someones' friend and family member and you'll be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back