Smallest Studio on Record

Mealz

Hi, I've got a little problem. Actually it's a huge problem but in a little space :).

I have my bedroom 8.3'X 9.3' (2.5 X2.5 m) excluding space of built in wardrobe to use. the even bigger catch is i have to sleep in it as well ( a single bed) any ideas as of how to maximize the space?

i have a pc small mixer keyboard etc. i will have to record live instruments in another room.
Any ideas?

Try and find a cheap sleeper sofa if you think you can get a half-way decent night's sleep on it. Gives you something to sit on during the day too.

A roll away bed or an air mattress type bed is another option.

A bed is usually the largest item in a bedroom and sucks up a lot of valuable real estate.

Here's one that's off-the-wall. If none of the other options appeal to you, build your bed on a raised platform using 4x4's for support posts. Only works if you have high enough ceilings though.

get the air bed that pumps up in seconds and deflate when not in use. or you can put heavy pad under the carpet. ( I have 4 layers of thick pad under mine). and use a sleeping bag.

Mealz said:
Hi, I've got a little problem. Actually it's a huge problem but in a little space :).

I have my bedroom 8.3'X 9.3' (2.5 X2.5 m) excluding space of built in wardrobe to use. the even bigger catch is i have to sleep in it as well ( a single bed) any ideas as of how to maximize the space?

i have a pc small mixer keyboard etc. i will have to record live instruments in another room.
Any ideas?

The bed should be a quality cot you can pack up and toss in a closet, or lean in the corner. Or, a futon (spelling?) Its a sofa that unfolds into a bed. We have one here and its great - takes up less space when not in use (as a bed) and people can sit on it. Then when we have houseguests, it folds down/out.

All good ideas, here's a smartass one: Get velchro sewed on your 'jammies, and sleep standing up - seriously, the fold-up bed/absorber would be my choice in a small room, you/ll need the absorption anyway... Steve

Mealz,

This is almost something of a rarity, but I have to agree with C7sus on this..................a bunk style bed (usually about 5' high) would be the way to go.

By coincidence, I happen to have one I want to sell:) ............white tubular style, with desk built in under the matress support frame.

:cool:

thanks for all your ideas

unfortunately my dad isn't interested in me having a bunk (I'm 15)
besides i am tall (6'1) so it might not be that practicle

however dad has agreed to make me a custom workstation which i am designing that fits all my gear in nice and compact!
so i am happy. i am getting a rack built above the main desk area and slide out shelves a spot just for my keyboard to fit perfectly etc. this is actually going to save a lot more space than i epected. (at the moment i just have a normal desk and no customized unit of any sort.

thanks again

Back