Slaving a VF160ex...

BoricuaLunar

HELP ME use my VF160ex...

Hello,

I've had my Fostex for a while now and its been working great, but so far I havent explored its MIDI possibilities. I'm working with Adobe Audition 3.0 and so far what I have been doing is burning my tracks from th Fostex on a CD and importing them into the program. My questions are these: How can I slave the Fostex to Audition? Are they "compatible"? What MIDI interface do you guys recommend? Any pros and cons I should know about? Any info would help because frankly Ive never used MIDI before.

Last edited:
The VF is a touchy/nonresponsive slave but a decent master. I would guess that slaving the VF to Audition via MIDI won't gain you much. If you have an ADAT-equipped soundcard, however, you might want to investigate the VF's ADAT-mixer-mode if you're trying to use the VF as an input device. I usually use M-Audio interfaces for MIDI. Go to VF16.com and search the site for some info/experiences.

Sincerely,
Paj
8^)

thanks for your response Paj. Do you have any sound-cards you can recommend for this purpose? Any other sites I should be checking out?

Back