Skipping during recording

djhead

Military Intelligence
I know I posted this before, but I forgot what I named the thread so I am just going to re-ask.

Im running a 2.0 gig laptop with only 512 RAM, and 1 60GB hard drive for my Firepod/Cubase LE setup. When I record, there are millisecond random audio dropouts on every track, though in this case its just 2 simultaneously.

I am assuming this is a RAM/Hard drive issue, and will be upgrading the RAM to 1GB, and trying to use a firewire HD as the destination for all recorded tracks.

Does this sound about right to you guys? Is there something else I can check?

djhead said:
I know I posted this before, but I forgot what I named the thread so I am just going to re-ask.

Im running a 2.0 gig laptop with only 512 RAM, and 1 60GB hard drive for my Firepod/Cubase LE setup. When I record, there are millisecond random audio dropouts on every track, though in this case its just 2 simultaneously.

I am assuming this is a RAM/Hard drive issue, and will be upgrading the RAM to 1GB, and trying to use a firewire HD as the destination for all recorded tracks.

Does this sound about right to you guys? Is there something else I can check?

Having the same issues with recording two tracks at once...think its latency, im looking into it. lemme know if you make any progress yourself!

Back