Shure SM27 vs. KSM27

BenignVanilla

Has anyone compared the new SM27 with the discontinued KSM27? I love the KSM, but can't find one anywhere, so I am considering the SM, which according to Shure is the replacement.

Has anyone compared the new SM27 with the discontinued KSM27? I love the KSM, but can't find one anywhere, so I am considering the SM, which according to Shure is the replacement.

Yes the KSM 27 is a good little microphone to bad it was discontinued but it's bigger brothers are still alive and kicking.

Now from what I gather is that the Beta SM27 is more suited for live work but heck I have tons of microphones in the studio that are concidered live mics.

You can find the KSM27 used all day long on evil bay but if your wanting new the KSM 37, 42, and 44 would be what I would look at first for the simple facts of the pads and bass roll offs and considering the 44 pattern selection.

:cool:

I was in the same boat

I went ahead and got an SM 27 the frequency response graph is the same as the KSM version but the self noise is lower, SN Ratio is better and max SPL is better

I like for slightly distance mic'd backing vox, Distance mic for acoustic giuitar and it's a good mic on a guitar cab too

I was in the same boat

I went ahead and got an SM 27 the frequency response graph is the same as the KSM version but the self noise is lower, SN Ratio is better and max SPL is better

I like for slightly distance mic'd backing vox, Distance mic for acoustic giuitar and it's a good mic on a guitar cab too

This is where mine is to be found as well.

:cool:

Back