Shure mic shootout...literally!

Coolieo...
Just remember what he said "don't try this at home"!
Wait till your on the road and your using a rental house microphones.

:cool:

i think it's something to do with the US military contract they had during WW2???

maybe i've put 2+2 together there and got 5?!? :confused::laughings:

Good evening folks! Tonight on Richie's Mythbusters we will put this to the test. First, it is WWII, when the SM58 didn't exist...I've got a Shure 55C, all refurbed. Like the "Elvis mic" but the size and weight of a 10-pin bowling ball! Cased in forged steel, none of this namby-pamby sheet metal and mesh. On the other hand, we will now test it with the weapons of WWII. Yes, folks, here at Mythbusters we will use an Arisaka, a Mauser, a Carcano, an Enfield, and the ever popular M1 Garand. Throw in a Springfield, the Filipinos used them. Why not a luger, MP40 Schmeisser, a panzerfaust anti tank weapon! Then we'll see how this baby holds up! Oh, look at that. It was wasted by some French terrorist with a Victory pistol! The myth of Shure invincibility- busted

Last edited:
Nice to know that if I'm a pheasant performing in a corn field and its hunting season, I at least stand a chance of surviving by shielding myself with a 58.;)

Was very entertaining, but it bothered me when he asked "Why would you use any other mic?". I mean I am definitely impressed, but durability isn't the end all. Still though, it looked like they had a really fun time :D Great post!

Back