Show your guitar, bass, acoustic, any stringed instrument harem!

This low priced guitar looks fantastic. It was $199 I think. Plays like a million bucks. Epiphone model from when Gibson owned them, as indicated by the truss cover. This one does not have the same set up as the others. No pleking or fretboard work, or nut alterations. You can tell. .. Seymour Duncan HB-4b and SH-1n wired with Jimmy Page wiring 20+ sounds. Orange drops. Alpha push/pulls. I wanted locking tuners, so i went with Hipshot open locking tuners. The open brass gearing is cool as hell. No drilling. Then I liked the Bixby's of that 335 era, but the holes in the Epiphone body would show (ugly) with a Bixby brand tail. So i found a trem that fits the mount hole spacing, a Duesenberg trem arm system. Installs clean. Same Bixby action, more or less. It swings up out of the way when not in use. What are you thinking?
View attachment 121337View attachment 121340
JP switching options.
View attachment 121343
Nice!

If the pick guard is stock, then I'd say it's a Sheraton, as that looks like a Sheraton pick guard. The Dot guards are simpler.

So, how many of those 20 different sounds options do you actually use? 😁

Edit: Also, as far as I know, Gibson still owns Epiphone and always has since they purchased the company in 1957.

My last purchase. I had a pickup installed. It was actually a pretty good deal from GC. I was surprised. Came with a case.
GUILD 1512.
Guitar Center has had really good used deals for the past several years now, in my experience. I often see prices there (or, more specifically, searching their used inventory online) that are considerably lower than Reverb or Ebay.

The next (and second to last) entry to the group is a 2000 PRS Singlecut. Gibson took them to court over this and lost.
This has Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell pups in it and they're awesome. Also some Gotoh lockers. Otherwise stock 10 top in Dark Cherry burst...

Also some orange drop caps in it...

So can you pinpoint what it is that makes you a PRS superfan?

Guitar Center has had really good used deals for the past several years now, in my experience. I often see prices there (or, more specifically, searching their used inventory online) that are considerably lower than Reverb or Ebay.
They hadn't put the picture of this one up yet, it had just come on line. They had it listed for 545.00 with the case. I saw like four others in some of their other stores going for 250, 300, more, without cases. I called the store and they assured me it was in excellent condition which it was listed as. I made sure I could return it to a store near me for whatever reason.I figured I was covered, go for it. Then I had a pickup installed in it. It is a very nice sounding guitar and it plays fairly easily. It is my first 12 string after
58 years of playing.

So can you pinpoint what it is that makes you a PRS superfan?
Another reason is their service/support.
I bought a used H combo amp and the power light went out. I emailed PRS to ask what bulb type to buy and they asked for my address. When I asked why they said because they'd send me a bulb no charge.
What the...???
There are more stories of their service but I won't bore you.
Second to none.

Another reason is their service/support.
I bought a used H combo amp and the power light went out. I emailed PRS to ask what bulb type to buy and they asked for my address. When I asked why they said because they'd send me a bulb no charge.
What the...???
There are more stories of their service but I won't bore you.
Second to none.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm always curious to hear about other people's motivation, especially when it's on something for which I have differing views.
For some reason, I've never really connected with PRS. I don't have a lot of experience with them, but I have some. I reviewed a Mira for Guitar Edge magazine back in 2008 or so, and they let us keep it. So I was able to spend a decent amount of time with that. And I borrowed one of my friend's - not sure which model exactly, but I know it was over $2K - for about a week and recorded a bit with it.

Something about the way they look and feel doesn't really do it for me. It's almost as if they look more like nice furniture to me than guitars. 😁
And, if I'm being honest, some of it has to do with one of their biggest poster boys .... <sigh> Carlos Santana. IMHO, he's one of the most overrated guitar players in history. I mean ... the guy has no business being on stage with people like Miles! But, I digress. What's funny is that I like hearing the guy speak or reading interviews with him. He seems like a really nice guy, and I like his philosophy and all that. But then he plugs in and starts playing, and it's just some of the most boring, lifeless, soulless stuff I can imagine. I don't get it!

Anyway, sorry if you happen to be a fan of his. Different strokes, obviously. To balance the scales, let me see if I can find a PRS player that I like. One sec:
Ok, I went here:

And, after scouring the list, I found a few that I enjoy:
Jimmy Herring - killer player
David Grissom - some nice stuff at times
Brent Mason - insane player
John McLaughlin - great stuff back in the day. Haven't listened to him in a while, though.
Neal Schon - Had no idea he played PRS. Really enjoyed his soloing on the 70s-80s Journey hits.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm always curious to hear about other people's motivation, especially when it's on something for which I have differing views.
For some reason, I've never really connected with PRS. I don't have a lot of experience with them, but I have some. I reviewed a Mira for Guitar Edge magazine back in 2008 or so, and they let us keep it. So I was able to spend a decent amount of time with that. And I borrowed one of my friend's - not sure which model exactly, but I know it was over $2K - for about a week and recorded a bit with it.

Something about the way they look and feel doesn't really do it for me. It's almost as if they look more like nice furniture to me than guitars. 😁
And, if I'm being honest, some of it has to do with one of their biggest poster boys .... <sigh> Carlos Santana. IMHO, he's one of the most overrated guitar players in history. I mean ... the guy has no business being on stage with people like Miles! But, I digress. What's funny is that I like hearing the guy speak or reading interviews with him. He seems like a really nice guy, and I like his philosophy and all that. But then he plugs in and starts playing, and it's just some of the most boring, lifeless, soulless stuff I can imagine. I don't get it!

Anyway, sorry if you happen to be a fan of his. Different strokes, obviously. To balance the scales, let me see if I can find a PRS player that I like. One sec:
Ok, I went here:

And, after scouring the list, I found a few that I enjoy:
Jimmy Herring - killer player
David Grissom - some nice stuff at times
Brent Mason - insane player
John McLaughlin - great stuff back in the day. Haven't listened to him in a while, though.
Neal Schon - Had no idea he played PRS. Really enjoyed his soloing on the 70s-80s Journey hits.
Totally fair mate!
Music at its core, and all the tools we use to create or recreate it are subjective.
All art is.
I knew nothing of PRS until I attended the first Dweezil Zappa band camp. They had open guitar cases all over the place you could just pick up and fondle/play. All PRS.
At that time I had settled on getting a nice US EC Strat when I got back but that trip changed my mind.
Oh... and I don't have a PRS Santana... :ROFLMAO:

Paul (the builder, not the company) was early on enamored with vintage Gibson double cuts. All mahogany.
He took that basic design and started modifying it. Most notably from a construction aspect was the carved top. If you notice, the PRS Santana looks more like a double cut Lp jr in shape.

Paul got lucky and Carlos was one of his first big shot clients.

Little by little, the prs morphed into the Gibson/ Fenderish hybrid that we’re familiar with today.
And the rest is, as they say.....history.

Yeah, get a Santana.

Ok, enough of these ‘fancy’, ‘pretty’, high end guitars.

I present to you the world’s ugliest led paul!

77 Les Paul Deluxe. Ugly as sin. Been through a flood, weighs a ton, had some extremely amateur ‘repair’ work done.

(Don’t let that man near tools ever again.)

A friend of mine gave this basket case to me all disassembled.

I said what the hell am I going to do with this??? But it had all the original parts and a clean original case.

I put it together not expecting much, did a bit of fretwork and plugged it into my showman amp. Holy Shit!
Plays great and sounds absolutely amazing!

But she’s butt ugly :D

1663105183481.jpeg
1663105298672.jpeg

77 Les Paul Deluxe. Ugly as sin. Been through a flood, weighs a ton, had some extremely amateur ‘repair’ work done.

I said what the hell am I going to do with this??? But it had all the original parts and a clean original case.

I put it together not expecting much, did a bit of fretwork and plugged it into my showman amp. Holy Shit!

View attachment 121388
View attachment 121391

That's what counts!
Looks kind of like the door of my grandparents' old camper back in '78. 😁

View attachment 121388
View attachment 121391
OK, that's cool!
It certainly does look like it spent time in some water.
Sounds great? Check!
Plays great? Check!
Looks... um... er... Check!
Gotta love it!

View attachment 121388
View attachment 121391
You have to love that component cover.
You could do a better job with a piece of plastic, a belt sander and a hand drill!

OK... last one I promise...

One format I'd been missing in the harem was something hollow, so I'd had my eye out for quite a while looking for the right candidate.
Luckily I tripped over a local Craigslist deal on a mint/pristine example at a ridiculous price.
So, I jumped on this 2021 PRS 594 Hollowbody II...

Just a regular top/back in Trampas green colour...

Nice and light at 5.5lbs

Back