Show us your worst!

Gawd I can't believe I'm posting this...

I'd forgotten how hideous it is... :eek:

OK...

Here's why I play drums... :D The story behind this nonsense is posted earlier in the thread...

jake-owa said:
Wow, that was painful. Sounds like a DRI/MOD split done in death frequencies.

Yeah, it is raw as hell.

The technology available today is like a miracle. Never has so sound potential much been available for so little money. Back then... you had so little to work with.

Add into the fact that we had no clue what we were doing.... and no noise reduction either.

The song was a total SOD/MOD ripoff. The main factor of the song was to annoy the ex-singer.

I wish I could find more stuff that old, but this is the only thing that has surfaced. If I could find the rap stuff we did in '88 it would have everyone in stitches... it was so pathetic!

BentRabbit said:
Gawd I can't believe I'm posting this...

I'd forgotten how hideous it is... :eek:

OK...

Here's why I play drums... :D The story behind this nonsense is posted earlier in the thread...

I don't want to sound mean, but if this was a contest, I think that would win! :eek: :D

Thanks for having the balls to post it.

My second effort is up now. I think I tied you... :o

This is the worst that I currently have on my computer... I assure you there is much worse, but I have to get my 4 track repaired so I can get them onto the computer.

I recorded this song three years ago (I was 17) for my friends 'band'. It was recorded in a gyprocked room inside a tin shed. I recorded the tracks onto my TASCAM 414mk2, and then played around in Cakewalk home studio 2002. I used a radio shack dynamic omni for drum overhead, SM57 on snare and guitar, AKG D880 on kick, and plugged the bass straight into the 4 track.

here it is:

MichaelM said:
This is the worst that I currently have on my computer... I assure you there is much worse, but I have to get my 4 track repaired so I can get them onto the computer.

I recorded this song three years ago (I was 17) for my friends 'band'. It was recorded in a gyprocked room inside a tin shed. I recorded the tracks onto my TASCAM 414mk2, and then played around in Cakewalk home studio 2002. I used a radio shack dynamic omni for drum overhead, SM57 on snare and guitar, AKG D880 on kick, and plugged the bass straight into the 4 track.

here it is:
hmmm, I've got one that I have to dig up. There were 3 of us, and all were drunk. We thought it would be a good idea to do a remake of a Richard Marx song.... (I know, right?). I have to find it. I was playing the guitar on it. It was recorded on a Tascam MF-P01, but it wouldn't take too much effort to get it on my pc...

BTW, this was dreadful... :eek: :D

I feel Oh So obligated (for reasons to remain unknown...rokket) to post here, and I had a pretty horrendous one picked out, but unfortunately I can't convert it from a windows media file.... any volunteers?

I think I may have this thing wrapped up.... I have a few more submissions to review, but I think I can take bentrabbit.... it's bad, and it's not even the worst!!! There are some things that shall NEVER see the light of day...

Don't even get me digging... I've got a box FULL of 4-track tapes...

One garbage mic, thrown under some clothes in the middle of a basement, recording to a Vestax 4 track, full band totally devoid of any talent or anything resembling musicianship, playing Deathmetal at "11"....

Don't phuck with me, I'll bury y'all...

cellardweller said:
Don't even get me digging... I've got a box FULL of 4-track tapes...

One garbage mic, thrown under some clothes in the middle of a basement, recording to a Vestax 4 track, full band totally devoid of any talent or anything resembling musicianship, playing Deathmetal at "11"....

Don't phuck with me, I'll bury y'all...

The gauntlet has been thrown... you need to post 'em now...

:rolleyes:

I'm conflicted,...

'cause all my worst stuff is my best stuff! :eek:

... Or, maybe I'm too vain to really post my utterly worst stuff! I have so much stuff contending for the title "worst"! :eek:

Oh shit, he didn't just say box of 4 track tapes did he?
you don't want me going there. I could post the best of it and you would laugh your ass off all day.

jake-owa said:
Oh shit, he didn't just say box of 4 track tapes did he?
you don't want me going there. I could post the best of it and you would laugh your ass off all day.
OK, now that I have to see....

BentRabbit said:
The gauntlet has been thrown... you need to post 'em now...

:rolleyes:
Yeah, come on, Cellar.... don't tease us.... If you need help converting it, email it to me (you have the address). I'll convert it real quick in Vegas and post it for you. I'll even post it on my site...

If I can find the CD, I'll post some of the initial Purge "recordings". Shit, just thinking about them makes my sac shrivel. We recorded the whole fucking band with one SM-58 in the middle of the room and sent it to a Portastudio. The drummer was massively souped on heroin and couldn't remember which songs we were playing, but seemed to thoroughly enjoy laying out a three minute drum fill. And...the worst part...I was singing.

....the horror....the horror...

Purge said:
If I can find the CD, I'll post some of the initial Purge "recordings". Shit, just thinking about them makes my sac shrivel. We recorded the whole fucking band with one SM-58 in the middle of the room and sent it to a Portastudio. The drummer was massively souped on heroin and couldn't remember which songs we were playing, but seemed to thoroughly enjoy laying out a three minute drum fill. And...the worst part...I was singing.

....the horror....the horror...
Oh now I'm intrigued... :cool:

A Reel Person said:
'cause all my worst stuff is my best stuff! :eek:

... Or, maybe I'm too vain to really post my utterly worst stuff! I have so much stuff contending for the title "worst"! :eek:
Go for it! That title is up for grabs. There are a few heavyweight contenders on here, me included...

C'mon, now, my son said "Aw, Baby" scarred him for life. My worst enemy is hosting it on his web page.(F***er's too cheap to pay for hosting!) When I play "Asshole", my cat licks his butt! :D

Back