Show me your pedalboard!

Lately I have just been using a tuner and enjoying the "less is more" thing. For what I am doing lately, I don't need more than a good amp and a good guitar. But just in case……..:D

Attachments

• DSCF0012.JPG
    DSCF0012.JPG
    328.8 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    326.2 KB · Views: 93
Man I do not own that many pedals anymore. Just don't use them that much now that I don't play out.

Vox wah
Dunlop volume
DS-1, I need to mod it like the BD-2. I used to have one that was modded and loaned it to my brother who then lost it. I need to get on modding this one.
BD-2 modded
DD-6
Ibanez TK999
MXR classic overdrive

photo_zps66c04e66.jpg

I don't use pedals often but was tempted to buy them occasionally when I couldn't get my tube amp to do the tube amp thing.
pedal power.jpg
I don't have them on a board because most aren't true bypass, mosr are soul suckers wen OFF and I wouldn't be able to make I my mind about the order.
they are: left to Right Back to Front
Ibanez Renometer, Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah, RockTek EQ, Behringer DC9 (comp plus hardwired hi boost makes for jangle & shimmer but haven't recorded it yet), Morrison Big Fluff (Muff clone from Tasmania), Joyco ACTone, GFS Brownie Classic, Behri BO100, Boss SD-1, GDI-21 & the ever useful BDI-21. [rices range from $6 to whatever the Wah cost but most were around $50.
units.jpg
And then there's the rack FX units - Yamaha FX500 & FX900 - the 500 is where I get the synthy background for many of my tunes.
Since buying a 5watt Kustom Defender I've not use any but the BDI much.

This is the first time in my guitar playing life that I've ever had a "board". I managed to find one on Kijiji (the Canadian equivalent of Craigslist) in the exact dimensions I needed (for only $65). Custom sized (about 33" wide X 24" deep) it would have cost me well over $250 to have one made, not including shipping the damn thing.
I've got my VG-88, GR-20, RC-50 and a 13 pin switcher on this thing. Weighs a bit, but much less setup time when I take it to a gig.
Here's a pic when I was laying it all out - it wasn't cabled yet (and still isn't, I had to take it apart to use components elsewhere).

Attachments

• Pedal Board.jpg
    Pedal Board.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 80
Here's my pedal board. Hmmm...after seeing the others, I think I need to clean mine...

Attachments

• pedalboard.jpg
    pedalboard.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Holy crap that's nasty. Did you get that from the bottom of a river? You need a tetanus shot after using that thing. :D

The RP250 is pretty new...2007.
The BOSS pedals are mid 90's (stuff is solid).
The Electro-Harmonix Small Stone I bought in the mid 70's...$35 I think. Note sure if it was new...and yes...its rusty...I sweat!
I think I got the actual SKB board around 2000. It great but its all velcro...the furry side...attracts crap...and I play out most weekends...

I've heard good things about the parachute, but what exactly does it do if it is not a wah pedal?
I think it has more than one signal sweep going on at the same time, and in its all-the-way-back position (which you have to step on with your heel - it doesn't go there by itself), it pulls down the tone (and so effectively, the pitch) and the volume to almost zero - it's a trippy effect. I'll try and post a clip.

Sounds interesting. What kind of work did you do on it?
[to the black russian big muff] I added a 9v DC adapter thing, I replaced the LED with a piercing bright pink one, I made it true bypass, and I replaced a lot of the chintzy wiring. I did not change any components, really, like capacitors, resistors, pots, or transistors. For that reason, it doesn't make sense that it would sound different, but it seems like it has more volume and sounds stronger somehow - maybe I accidentally changed something minor or maybe it's just confirmation bias because of all my work. Also, it noticeably sucked tone when it was off before, but not now with the true bypass.

I think it has more than one signal sweep going on at the same time, and in its all-the-way-back position (which you have to step on with your heel - it doesn't go there by itself), it pulls down the tone (and so effectively, the pitch) and the volume to almost zero - it's a trippy effect. I'll try and post a clip.

Woah, now that sounds like something I would like to pick up. I think I can imagine how the thing sounds in its all-the-way-back position, but I'm not sure what you mean by "it pulls down the tone". Isn't that basically what any wah pedal does? (not including the pitch and volume factors). A clip would be awesome.

[to the black russian big muff] I added a 9v DC adapter thing, I replaced the LED with a piercing bright pink one, I made it true bypass, and I replaced a lot of the chintzy wiring. I did not change any components, really, like capacitors, resistors, pots, or transistors. For that reason, it doesn't make sense that it would sound different, but it seems like it has more volume and sounds stronger somehow - maybe I accidentally changed something minor or maybe it's just confirmation bias because of all my work. Also, it noticeably sucked tone when it was off before, but not now with the true bypass.

Nice one!

b3 bassballs oh my.JPG
My current live board hidden under the board is an [sfx]MicroThumpinator. [sfx]AY2 into a Rocktron TruLoop with a pair of EHX Bass Balls, Zoom B3, Akai UniBass in the loop and then to a Zoom B2,

Back