Show me your pedalboard!

dainbramage

I guess it is fair to say that I'm obsessed with guitar pedals. Whenever I am into ambient and psychedelic music (like I am nowadays), effects become almost as important as the guitar. So I am really curious as to what pedals you guys are using. I'll start with mine:

pedalboard.JPG

pedalboard_2.jpg

I am one of those people who enjoys the versatility and accuracy of digital pedals (except dirt pedals).

Dunlop Crybaby -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> MXR Custom Comp -> TC Electronics Nova Drive -> Goodrich 120 -> Eventide Modfactor -> Strymon Timeline

SO, I showed you mine, now show me yours! :D

(EDIT: I reconfigured the board but the old picture still shows up at the end here. Oh well.)

Attachments

• pedalboard.JPG
    pedalboard.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Sure I'll play....

This is my guitar pedal board...
RP150_top_original.jpg

And this is my bass pedal board...
bp355_front_medium.jpg

That's also all the amps I use for recording!! :p :D

(Sorry, couldn't resist!!:o )

29fZybiB

IMG_20140118_165652.JPGBeen playing for about 30 years, but I've only been using pedals for the last year and half because of this new band I'm in, so I'm not too far up the learning curve. I use one of the echo pedals for a chorus-y sound and the other for actual delays. I like them both, but I don't use them much.

The Timmy works well with my JCM-800 low sensitivity input, allowing me to play at tolerable volumes in small venues. I use the wah (a budda) a lot, usually in conjunction with the octafuzz. The unmarked pedal is a blues breaker clone my friend built and let me borrow, but I haven't done too much with it (I didn't notice it had become unplugged at my last gig until I stepped on it - oops). I use the looper pedal for a couple of songs, but it can be tough to use with a drummer.

Some of the pedals I like the most are not on the board, because they don't play a part in the songs we've been playing.

View attachment 84656Been playing for about 30 years, but I've only been using pedals for the last year and half because of this new band I'm in, so I'm not too far up the learning curve. I use one of the echo pedals for a chorus-y sound and the other for actual delays. I like them both, but I don't use them much.

The Timmy works well with my JCM-800 low sensitivity input, allowing me to play at tolerable volumes in small venues. I use the wah (a budda) a lot, usually in conjunction with the octafuzz. The unmarked pedal is a blues breaker clone my friend built and let me borrow, but I haven't done too much with it (I didn't notice it had become unplugged at my last gig until I stepped on it - oops). I use the looper pedal for a couple of songs, but it can be tough to use with a drummer.

Some of the pedals I like the most are not on the board, because they don't play a part in the songs we've been playing.

Nice board! I've been thinking about getting a Budda Wah myself as I hear it doesn't have that piercingly harsh top end. Yeah loopers can be tough with a drummer. I prefer using them for ambient effects/drones and stuff.

What are the pedals you like the most that are not on the board?

I picked up a Chicago Iron parachute para-pedal reproduction which is really fun to play with - it's too big to fit in the pedalboard case, so it stays home, and it's really not a wah pedal, so I haven't figured out how to use it with leads very well, but it does the most awesome funk riff sounds.

I have a russian big muff that I did a lot of work on, and I like it partially because of the time investment. It does sound just like a muff should, I suppose.

I used a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 for a long time, and I still like it, but it's off the board for now. Also have a Love Pedal kalamazoo that i like.

What's normally where the blues breaker is is a Danelectro fish and chips, that I use mostly for boost. It's not true bypass (I don't think), but I don't notice an effect on the sound.

I've been getting most of what goes on the "stupid deal of the day" a musician's friend, and it's led to a pile of pedals I haven't used much.

I picked up a Chicago Iron parachute para-pedal reproduction which is really fun to play with - it's too big to fit in the pedalboard case, so it stays home, and it's really not a wah pedal, so I haven't figured out how to use it with leads very well, but it does the most awesome funk riff sounds.

I've heard good things about the parachute, but what exactly does it do if it is not a wah pedal?

I have a russian big muff that I did a lot of work on, and I like it partially because of the time investment. It does sound just like a muff should, I suppose.

Sounds interesting. What kind of work did you do on it?

How do you like that POG2? I was so close to getting one a couple of years ago, but a few unexpected bills came up and I kind of forgot about it. I can imagine it is cool with a volume pedal and some delay (delayed polyphonic swells have to be trippy stuff right?).

Like antichef, I'm pretty late to being interested in pedals. I'm historically not a pedal guy, and I'm still not really, but I have acquired some basic stuff and I like to use them from time to time. But mostly I'm just guitar into amp and turn it loud.

So here's my current shit pile.

What we got here is....
Top row - only used in effects loop of my Marshall JVM410:
TC Electronics Flashback Delay
Boss BF-3 Flanger
MXR 10-band EQ

Bottom row - these go to the front of the amp (from right to left)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Polytune tuner
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Tube Screamer TS9
MXR Phase 90

The two not on the board
Boss TR-2 Tremolo - used rarely. I just like having it for my surfy stuff. It doesn't live on the board.
ProCo Rat - Got this thing over 20 years ago. Was my one and only pedal for a long long time when I used junky amps and now that I've got good shit it collects dust. I've since learned that it's relatively valuable, so I'll save it for a rainy day.

And at the bottom is the giant beast footswitch for the JVM410. It cycles through the amps 4 channels and 12 modes. Reverb and boost volume is also controlled by the footswitch. I use it in default mode, but it can be programmed to do all kinds of shit that's way over my head.

And all of it feeds into this....

I like my stuff!

MXR 10-band EQ
Are you using that EQ for special effects (like a really trebly part of a tune etc) or is it to adjust the EQ a little on your Marshalls?

MXR Phase 90
Any good phaser is one of my favorite effects. I heard you made good use of it pretty recently (can't remember which song and I didn't have the time to comment on it at that moment). For psychedelic music a phaser is invaluable. When I say psychedelic I don't necessarily mean 60/70's rock. More like ambient, post-rock etc.

And all of it feeds into this....
Goddamn! No wonder you don't use a lot of effects. Playing through those beasts must be pure bliss! I reckon you don't live in an apartment?

I like my stuff!
You should!

How do you like that POG2? I was so close to getting one a couple of years ago, but a few unexpected bills came up and I kind of forgot about it. I can imagine it is cool with a volume pedal and some delay (delayed polyphonic swells have to be trippy stuff right?).

It tracks almost flawlessly, but if I could go back I'd probably just get the Micro as I use the most conservative settings 95% of the time and don't think the extra fruity shit warrants the $150 price difference. I love putting it after the Crybaby.

Are you using that EQ for special effects (like a really trebly part of a tune etc) or is it to adjust the EQ a little on your Marshalls?
No, I actually don't use the EQ at all anymore. It's just there as a leftover from some other amps I used to have. On the very rare occasion that I play with it, it only gets used with the JVM because the JVM is the only one of my amps with an fx loop.

Any good phaser is one of my favorite effects. I heard you made good use of it pretty recently (can't remember which song and I didn't have the time to comment on it at that moment). For psychedelic music a phaser is invaluable. When I say psychedelic I don't necessarily mean 60/70's rock. More like ambient, post-rock etc.
The Phase 90 is the one effects pedal I have that I'll use somewhat regularly. I love the sound of it with the dial around 9:00. I'll sometimes kick it in for big finishes or giant buildups. I don't ever get freaky/ambient/psychedelic with it though. I aint like that.

Goddamn! No wonder you don't use a lot of effects. Playing through those beasts must be pure bliss! I reckon you don't live in an apartment?
Lol. Nope, brick McMansion in the burbs. I can get as loud as I want!

ProCo Rat - Got this thing over 20 years ago. Was my one and only pedal for a long long time when I used junky amps and now that I've got good shit it collects dust. I've since learned that it's relatively valuable, so I'll save it for a rainy day.

Have you tried it on vocals yet? That's where the Rat shines.

I can get as loud as I want!

You lucky bastard. I can barely exceed TV volumes in this basement apartment, so more often than not I'm forced to practice with headphones on while gazing at the ac30. Used to rent a house further up in the valley where I could smoke inside, play drums in the living room and even crank a 5150. Then I took off to South America and when I got back, some german fuckers rented the house.

Ah, those were the days.

Back