Should I go for Sonar 3?

Gunther

Should I go for Sonar 3?

Ok, I am a Keyboardist / vocalist working with a 6 year old version of Cakewalk. I’ve been doing major upgrades to my rig and software is next on my hit list (And well overdue). Being a cakewalk user, I figured I would stay with what I know, unless anyone can talk me out of it…

Here’s what I got in case it matters:
PC: Athalon XP 2700+ / 512mb ram / winXP / 160gig Seagate
Sound Card: M-Audio Delta 1010
Midi: Korg N1, Motif Rack
Other: Various Mic’s and Pre’s
Current Software: Cakewalk Professional, version 7

The old version of cakewalk won’t support the 1010’s multi-tracking features or higher quality audio, so I must upgrade. But I just don’t want to jump into cakewalk and find that some other software does everything cakewalk does and more and better. Most important features to me are midi tools and audio processing (compression and such.)

Thanks in advance for any input…

Gunther said:
Should I go for Sonar 3?

The old version of cakewalk won’t support the 1010’s multi-tracking features or higher quality audio, so I must upgrade.…
Sounds like it's not an 'if' question but rather a 'where'.

" I figured I would stay with what I know, unless anyone can talk me out of it…"
I'd bet you'd have to ask that at the other brand's forums to have that happen.:D (We like it here.)
I'm mostly audio only so I don't get to go into midi +/-, but I stick around for the audio.:)
Wayne

I jumped to Sonar 3 studio from Pro Audio 9. Very smooth transit and yet a very big leap. I was up and running in no time, and yet it's so powerful. Love it...

I doubt any of the other sequencers are better miditools, I've seen that mentioned as one of Sonar's strengths so many times.

I'd check out the Sonar forum on www.cakewalk.com before making any decisions.

Gunther said:
I just don’t want to jump into cakewalk and find that some other software does everything cakewalk does and more and better. Most important features to me are midi tools and audio processing (compression and such.)

Based on your description, I bet nothing beats Cakewalk Sonar 3 PE...!!!

All
Cool
Kids
Use
Sonar !

;)
Jaymz

Back