sex speed and violence

Not really my style.. :) But it sounds well done to me. Based on this song I think you chose your screen name well. This song has a groove that won't quit.

I love 1/3 of the song...the rest I can live without.

:rolleyes:

Haven't even listened yet. I was referring to the title only.

OK, I'm listening.

Woohoo, good punchy dry mix. I like this very much. The verse sound very cool.

The only thing I'm missing is a totally surprising blasting & phat 'wtf is that?'-chorus....something that breaks out of the beat of the verse.

Perhaps it's me, dunno. But that's my first impression.

GJ

Before I forget, the chord change that starts at 1:46, I would replace the chord with the minor.

I LIKE your bass sound and the song is good.
A little talking heads sort of:D

I really like the groove, sound and mood.

I'm looking for it to break out and funk my brain up like

Cake's "short skirt long jacket" but it doesn't happen.

keep kickin' it!

Scott

Clean Bass, drums mixed good and not overpowering. Good groove.
Vocal mixed clean and out front, excellent.
Guitar fills not stepping on vocal, good, later the guitar challenges the vocal.

This is a damn good 'song'. Good thematic material, sincere. You are singing and performing with 'real passion'.

GREAT HOOK.

I understand you probably write a lot of ideas, later making things more polished, yes ?

At 2:00 when you begin singing again, the guitar is getting 'busy' over the vocal, in other words that 'part' you are playing for the guitar is stepping on the vocal.

So, mix this again with no guitar. Then make a chart. Decide what will be verse, where a chorus can come in ... where the guitar solo is ... Mark the places where a guitar fill is appropriate, where it fits really good. Practice the guitar part over the mix of drums, bass and vocal.

The song is really very simple. Too many guitar fills make it not a groove anymore.

Pretend you are a guitar player who has come in to write a part that fits well and makes the vocal better, support the vocal. Less is better here.

Make a solid rythm guitar part in some sections that goes with the drums and bass, use the guitar fills in other places. IMHO.

Neat song.

I like the groove to this. Kind of has an 80's/new waveish feel to me. The kick drum sounds like it could be bigger -- imho --

The vocals work well. The electric guitar that comes in at about the 1:40 mark or so sounds like it could be panned closer to the center...it kind of sounds way out there and may have a bigger impact if it were more in your face ... this kind of sounds like an in-your-face kind of song :D

Nice job overall!

:D

i thought i snuck into an underground cure show from the late 70's.

i got a little bored with the same groove the whole time.

also, the bass drum was bassy, but could use some more punch and attack.

Great recording! My ears are a little fried from mixing today, but this sounds great to me. Real well-balanced, clear, punchy in the right ways.

Good job.

Chris

sorry that I answer so late - I've been away for a while (a thang called work :( )

kjam22 - thanks for listening - even if it's not your style :)

Pedullist - I know, I know It's exactly what everyone is expecting - the breakthrough! the next version is gonna have it...:D

HevyD47Ca - lol - I'm too young for talking heads I think.. or not..? .. I hope so!

acidbath - yeah, what you're missing is the acidbath right?

studioviols - as usual, you're right in more than one point - thanks!

WinstonCowboy - hmmmmm, I'm wondering too....

boydrj - thanks for your advices, I'll consider them

willovercome - yeah, I was a**hole enough to post it without a chorus, actually, with just a repeating verse, and that is boring, I know.. but.. thx

FattMusiek - thanks man, now I feel good :D:D

groucho - thanks Chris - your opinion is always appreciated!

..just a note - I made this song in the attempt to gather the aggressivity of RageAgainstTheMachine - that's why it sounds like that; surprisingly, nobody linked the tune to RATM

cheers&thank you all again 4 listening!
harry

oh, and before I forget, it was my first bad attempt to rap... I need some practice at this, but I'm gonna come up with a better version (which won't be very hard :) )

good groove.. I like the guitar.. nice job with the drums except the cymbals seem loud to me.. guitar and vocals seemed a bit low.. would have liked a change somewhere.. what did you use for drums? cool.

edit - maybe the drums are too loud.. the guitar is only peeking out of the corner.. would have liked that guitar coming out of both speakers.. doubled..

Big thumbs up! Bass really kicked, sparse guitar track was very cool, nice touch.

Mix had too much hat and not enough vocals. Be interesting to hear it with a deeper bass sound, but I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Doug

groovejunkie said:
..just a note - I made this song in the attempt to gather the aggressivity of RageAgainstTheMachine - that's why it sounds like that; surprisingly, nobody linked the tune to RATM

Actually I heard that right off, but maybe I'm more familiar with their stuff than most. Thought to be honest, I lost interest in them after the first album. Because everything after sounded pretty much the same as the first to me.

This sounds good...clean, clear, punchy. I'd like more bass. If I may also make a song critique, I think it needs some changeups. But I get musically bored pretty easy, so I don't mean to offend, and I don't mean I got bored. But another 60 seconds of it I would have lost interest. I found myself wishing you went more for the aggressiveness of the first album. Think "Freedom!" But the recording sounds pretty good to me, and the mix is pretty spacious. As I said, I'd like a boost in the bass. Good stuff.

Hey... this sounds good... best recording I've heard from you so far...
Sounds similar to that one Kinks song... and "Smoke on the Water", too.

Drums sound good... are those samples? If so, they're good ones.

The delivery is similar to PIL... kind of a slow groove. Stones, too.

Good use of reverb. Bass could use more low (between 100-150) and the
kick drum should probably get tamed in the same area...

This is cool, man... glad you bumped er back :D

C

Back