Setting up to Record Voice Over

way95

I'm thinking of setting up to record voice over in a more professional way. I've kindof picked out the Focusrite ISA One for a preamp, but I'd consider other options in a similar price level. For a mic, I've been looking at the Lewitt LCT540 or Blue Baby Bottle. I think a very 'warm' sounding mic would be fitting for my voice so if you have any mic reccomendations I'd be glad to hear them. I haven't looked much into audio interfaces yet, so I'd appreciate if you could reccommend one that would work.

I'd be glad to hear your thoughts and advice.

why not get the Electrovoice RE20? that would be my no1 choice for voiceover work. The cloudlifter cl-1 or cl-2 are great for lowering the noise as well and making dynamic mics warmer and cleaner. You can actually get a pretty amazing sound with just an sm57 or sm58 with the cloudlifter

RE 20 or sm7, Ive also used a Rode NTG2 shotgun mic for VOs and it was great! all you need is decent A/D interface like the presonus firebox...

RE 20 or sm7, Ive also used a Rode NTG2 shotgun mic for VOs and it was great! all you need is decent A/D interface like the presonus firebox...

Looks like the Firebox is no longer sold, but its successor is pretty decent. Focusrite has had good reviews around here, so that is not a bad choice.

Back