Senn 421 II Techniques

gcapel

boom box recordings
Sup,

I've been playing around with this mic to see if I could improve on the distorted guitar. I played around with the roll off switch. Anyone use this mic for close micing guitar cabs? If so let me in on some of your mic positioning and roll off selections.

Yesterday I had to add some low mid to the tracks to get some beef. I like to take the natural approch if all possible (getting things right before it goes in the box).

hey man,

there's a thread you should look for on gearslutz....it's called something like how do you mic your cab. but it's just picture after picture after picture of cab /amp /mic setups.

i think the idea was to see who used what mics and how, but it more or less ended up being a photo gallery of 421s and 57s :P

edit** here's the kitchen sink http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/9253-pictures-miced-up-guitar-cabs.html

as far as the roll off goes, i'd leave it alone (M setting)

i'm no mic guru, but people say that the roll off is just more circuitry for the audio to go through and loose quality through.

it's also true that if you record with bass rolled off,,,you can't get it back again.

if you need a roll off you can do it later with an eq in your daw. :)

hey man,

there's a thread you should look for on gearslutz....it's called something like how do you mic your cab. but it's just picture after picture after picture of cab /amp /mic setups.

i think the idea was to see who used what mics and how, but it more or less ended up being a photo gallery of 421s and 57s :P

edit** here's the kitchen sink http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/9253-pictures-miced-up-guitar-cabs.html

as far as the roll off goes, i'd leave it alone (M setting)

i'm no mic guru, but people say that the roll off is just more circuitry for the audio to go through and loose quality through.

it's also true that if you record with bass rolled off,,,you can't get it back again.

if you need a roll off you can do it later with an eq in your daw. :)

good link. Thanks. I have posted there in the past. It's been awhile.

Back