Sending tracks to different outputs

PurpleRoom

Greetings everyone!

I need some help, maybe some of you can help me out.

I need to send two tracks (one containing a click track, one containing programming and sampless) to two different outputs (my nio novation interface provides two outputs) through Cool Edit Pro 2 or Adobe Audition. Is that possible? If so, how do I send/direct the tracks to the outputs?

hanks for reaing and thanks for your time.

If I understand your question properly, the easy way to do this is to pan one track hard left and the other hard right.

If I understand your question properly, the easy way to do this is to pan one track hard left and the other hard right.

Thanks for your time, my friend. I don't think that is the solution I'm looking for. I'll explain myself better.

Cool Edit Pro in my laptop is going to have two tracks in the multitrack.

Track one is a click track, only me (drummer) must hear this track through my headphones. The click track shouldn't be heard through the loudspeakers.

Track 2 contains programmings. This track should be heard through the loudspeakers.

My laptop is gong to be connected to a NIO NOVATION 2|4 Interface, which features two different outputs. Description of the product says: There are four outputs on RCA/phono jacks. So if you are DJing with software like Traktor, you can send 2 separate stereo signals to 2 channels in a DJ mixer.

My question is:

How do I command Cool Edit Pro to send track one to one output and track tow to the other.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Help would be much appreciated.

I typed a whole reply to this earlier today (my time) and hit post but it seems to have disappeared.

Anyway, I don't have CE2 installed on any of my machines anymore, so this will have to be from memory. Apologies if I get this wrong.

First, make sure the drivers for your NIO interface are installed. From memory, on CE2 these will have to be WME drivers--I think CE2 pre-dates ASIO.

Go to Options/Device Properties/Wave Out and select your NIO interface. Then, go to Options/Device Order/Playback and pick the order you want your devices to appear in. Then, on the Multitrack screen, check the box to the left of each track you wish to use, click on the "Out" box and then select the Device/track you with to use.

The x factor is that you may have to open the control software for your interface and set it up to provide the number of tracks you want. I've never played with the NIO so you'll have to work through that.

I hope this helps even if it's not perfect. If you're still having problems, let me know and I'll see if I can find my CE2 disk and load it up on a spare laptop.

Back