Sb live 5.1 new drivers

Hexatonica

Hey guys, do u know something about the new sb live driver by creative, worth the download?? I ask cause i have a choppy connection of dial-up, so i don´t want to waste my time.
And those unofficials Sb live drivers???

Attachments

• nuevo-9.jpg
    nuevo-9.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 163
I haven't heard that Creative has some "new" drivers on the doorsteps. But it's always a good idea to update your drivers. ;)

Those 'unofficial' drivers kan be found at kX-project.

GOOD NEWS FOR SB Live! USERS !!!!

... Last night I downloaded the latest KX Driver, and install it.

Version: 5, 10, 00, 3528 - debug
Compiled: Dec 3 2002 00:50:27

Make a routing adjusment shown in the help files to achieve ASIO recording using SB Live! along with SONAR 2.2 update. IT WORKS GREAT BAYYYBEEEEHHH !!!! I got about 6.3 ms latency !!! That's correct... SIX POINT THREE ms. It was almost imposible to have this card working with latency under 10ms. But now I gotta tell you guys, based on true story experience... it screams outta the deep sea. My experiment was recording mono tracks, and record another tracks for total of four tracks running about about 70 measures and see if it slightly slided, but it's not... not at all. Curiously, I record few tracks of splited synth drums track. Soundfont to wave. After four tracks (this time all stereo), 120 measure, play 'em back together the MIDI & audio... the sound is veerrrrryyyy tight. Almost no gap. I zoom the wave block, just stay to the beat. This is soooo cooolll...

So, for you guys using the Green Submarine 2 along with SB Live! Follow moskus link..., download the latest KX driver, install it, read the routing help for ASIO recording, and update your Green Submarine to vers. 2.2. You'll erase the word "high latency" on your recording with SB Live! dictionary...

Ps. I didn't use input monitoring. Not yet. I'll give it a shoot latter...

;) :cool: :cool: ;)
Jaymz

OK…I’m ignorant and I admit it :D

Since I don’t understand any of this (I do know what a driver is, but I have no idea what ASIO is and all that kind of stuff).

So the simple questions is…will this help me with CWPA9 or is this just a Sonar thing?

John -

This is just a Sonar thing. (In fact, it is just a Sonar 2.2 thing, since earlier versions of Sonar can't use ASIO either).

CW PA9 can not use either WDM or ASIO drivers. Therefore you, my friend, are *stuck* with MME drivers.

However, if it makes you feel better, I am using Sonar 2.2 and I still am using MME drivers. So far, I have not been able to get my audio card (Delta 1010) and my OS (WinME) to effectively use WDM drivers. I might try the ASIO drivers when I have the time and patience, but for now it's still MME.

The bottom line of all of this is a quest for better latency. However, if you are not doing real time midi, or input monitoring (which you can't do in PA9 anyway), latency tends to be *fairly* irrelevant.

Mike

Jagular said:
...but I have no idea what ASIO is and all that kind of stuff.

ASIO = Audio Stream Input Output. A multi-channel audio transfer protocol developed by Steinberg. Mostly found supported by decent "musician" sound card ( unfortunately, Creative's SB is considered "gamers" card)... by using this KX Driver, you can taste the advantage of ASIO in your SB card, for obtaining very low latency.

;)
Jaymz

Thanks guys. So I can just pretty much ignore this and write the time off to interesting reading :D. This will probably never be relevant to me as I intend to upgrade my soundcard well before I upgrade to Sonar & XP. Limited funds you know :D.

Thanks for the explanation :)

Thanx, so much now i try those KX drivers, i have an Athlon 1.2,256 Ram I will get some of 6.2ms latency?????
Long Live to the Outmarket Soft

THANK, JAMES!

James Argo said:

... Last night I downloaded the latest KX Driver, and install it.

Version: 5, 10, 00, 3528 - debug
Compiled: Dec 3 2002 00:50:27

Make a routing adjusment shown in the help files to achieve ASIO recording using SB Live! along with SONAR 2.2 update. IT WORKS GREAT BAYYYBEEEEHHH !!!! I got about 6.3 ms latency !!! That's correct... SIX POINT THREE ms. It was almost imposible to have this card working with latency under 10ms. But now I gotta tell you guys, based on true story experience... it screams outta the deep sea. My experiment was recording mono tracks, and record another tracks for total of four tracks running about about 70 measures and see if it slightly slided, but it's not... not at all. Curiously, I record few tracks of splited synth drums track. Soundfont to wave. After four tracks (this time all stereo), 120 measure, play 'em back together the MIDI & audio... the sound is veerrrrryyyy tight. Almost no gap. I zoom the wave block, just stay to the beat. This is soooo cooolll...

So, for you guys using the Green Submarine 2 along with SB Live! Follow moskus link..., download the latest KX driver, install it, read the routing help for ASIO recording, and update your Green Submarine to vers. 2.2. You'll erase the word "high latency" on your recording with SB Live! dictionary...

Ps. I didn't use input monitoring. Not yet. I'll give it a shoot latter...

;) :cool: :cool: ;)
Jaymz

I just got SONAR 2, arrived UPS yesterday. Gotta good price on a competitive upgrade from ACID Pro ($119US at musiciansfriend.com).

Anyway, I use the kx ASIO drivers with no problem in Fruityloops and in a demo of Cubase SX. I've been happy with them. I tried them in Sonar and all I get are error messages.

Do you have any tips? I am using the latest version of the driver. And, I've installed all the needed SONAR update patches.

moskus said:
What error-message? You've upgraded Sonar to version 2.2, right?

Yeah. I patched to 2.2. I can change from WDM to ASIO, but an error message comes up upon re-opening. I believe it is an error message generated by the kx driver and not by SONAR. When I get home tonight, I'll post a screenshot of the error message dialog box.

...hhhmm, it's strange, since I never get this message pop up. I'll check their site regarding this issue..

BTW, do you use any memory management thingee ? Have you tried make an adjusment in the audio options (in SONAR) ?

Hey hey, maybe this post doesn´t belongs to this forum, but i have a question!!!

Drivers KX for a sblive 5.1 Platinum, i downloaded it and works well , but the line/mic 2 in/out volume from the front panel is too low, very low, i set it to full volume but still low.

PLEASE HELP

Because i have connected my pretty XP-30 in that plug.

THNAKZ

This is what I found on their site.
Enter kX DSP and click the right button to some empty space and select "Reinitialaze DSP". It will fix it, so you will not need to reinstall... Hope it works...
Jaymz

Hey All,

My first post here... This driver has raised my curiosity - maybe it can help me out... I've been playing around with a midi software called 'Guitar Synth' which allows you to plug a guitar into the card and trigger sounds on your computer with it. No extra midi pickups need to be attached to the instrument - all done with software. Here's the problem I have... there is a bit delay, a gap between when the string is played and when the note is sounded. Is this what you mean by 'high latentcy'? Do you think this new driver will help that? Are there other factors? A few details about my set up...

Electric mandolin (like a little stratocaster) through a Fishman preamp ito the SB Live! 5.1... Guitar Synth with host application Computer Muzys. Pentium-4 2.4 GHz w/ 256 RAM

Noodlehoss said:
Hey All,

My first post here... This driver has raised my curiosity - maybe it can help me out... I've been playing around with a midi software called 'Guitar Synth' which allows you to plug a guitar into the card and trigger sounds on your computer with it. No extra midi pickups need to be attached to the instrument - all done with software. Here's the problem I have... there is a bit delay, a gap between when the string is played and when the note is sounded.

...First of all, welcome to the forum. Well, as long as I know, software based "Guitar-MIDI" interface ain't doin' that well & acurate. It's just a toy to make fun, not serious, trust me, you'll need to edit more acuracy problem later in your piano roll with this toy. But if you like it, then have a good time with it. ;)

Is this what you mean by 'high latentcy'? Do you think this new driver will help that? Are there other factors?

...Yes. But that's not it's all about. Latency is kinda delay between when you actualy input a signal (audio or MIDI) to what it sounded / recorded. It can be caused by several factor, but most found caused by poor soundcard's capability. Hardware and driver. Your apps can also be the factor... The new driver (KX Project), as far as I know helps alot dealing with high latency in SB cards. It works great with SONAR recording audio from Line input, and MIDI to wave. Specialy after SONAR update to vers. 2.2 available. I haven't heard this will help reduce your "kinda latency" ;) But why don't you try and post here the result ? It could be good to know....

;)
Jaymz

You, brother & sisters KX Driver user... A new version available for free download

02/07/2003 - Version 5.10.0.3529 ALPHA released.
Said it fixes 5 main bugs and better ASIO aproach...

Click here..., and click to download on the right panel.

Lee Miran, there's several reply on your thread on the KX Driver forum... you better check it out here... ;)

Jaymz

The new version fixed my ASIO problem. But now my WDM cracks and pops bad below 20ms. The good thing is that the ASIO drivers are a dream, all the way down just under 3ms with minor cracks and pops. 5 - 10ms works extremeley well.

Back