Saving down to Sonar Bundle

stonemartin

OCD Podcaster
I am using Sonar 4 Pro.
I have a song of about 25 tracks that I need to save down to a bundle file to transfer to another person. Every time I try it, Sonar tells me that ther recording disk is full. there is plenty of hard drive space, so I've tried to find where Sonar designates the recording disk, but can't figure it out. Anyone know how to fix this one?

Oh yeah - I am also having problems with Soundfonts in Sonar, or any MIDI for that matter. I was having latency problems with my Soundblaster card, so I switched to the KX driver. This solved my latency problems, but now I cannot seem to get ANY midi to play in Sonar, including the metronome sound. Again, anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks.

stonemartin said:
I am using Sonar 4 Pro.
I have a song of about 25 tracks that I need to save down to a bundle file to transfer to another person. Every time I try it, Sonar tells me that ther recording disk is full. there is plenty of hard drive space, so I've tried to find where Sonar designates the recording disk, but can't figure it out. Anyone know how to fix this one?

Oh yeah - I am also having problems with Soundfonts in Sonar, or any MIDI for that matter. I was having latency problems with my Soundblaster card, so I switched to the KX driver. This solved my latency problems, but now I cannot seem to get ANY midi to play in Sonar, including the metronome sound. Again, anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks.
How big is it? I think there is a 2 gig limit on bundle files.

Why not use Per Project storage, and just copy the entire Project folder?

dachay2tnr said:
How big is it? I think there is a 2 gig limit on bundle files.

Why not use Per Project storage, and just copy the entire Project folder?

I second this. Per Project storage is just the way to go.

stonemartin said:
I tried that, but the folder size ended up being 5 or 6 GB. Doesn't converting it to a bundle compress it some?
Actually it compacts all the audio into a single file, but I don't think it reduces the size. The bundle would end up being about the same size - only it would be one file. Of course, you can't because of the 2 GB limit.

What are you recording that is using that much disc space?

I take it you don't have a DVD burner. Using the Per Project storage, you could burn it to a couple of DVD's.

Nothing too special. The song's probably 6 minutes long and has somewhere around 25 audio tracks, many of them just short clips. I could probably combine a lot of those tracks and dump some others that are archived. And I was mistaken - it wasn't quite that large a folder, but it was definitely over 2GB.
I'll keep messing with it.

Anyone know anything about my MIDI problem? (also seen in my first post)

Stonemartin,
Did you apply trimming to each track?
You may be able to get the song under 2 gig that way.

Maybe your audio is on a partition of drive that really is full.You can always change where this data is stored.

I don't know what KX drivers are,but I do know if you want to play any softsynth live you have to get your latency down under 5ms.
Sonar uses Wdm or Asio drivers for low latency. Mme drivers for legacy compatibility.
Keith

Supercreep said:
How do I do that? :confused:
This is how in Sonar 3, assume it's the same for later versions.

Options > Global

On the Audio Data tab, check the checkbox for Use Per Project Audio Files.

dachay2tnr said:
This is how in Sonar 3, assume it's the same for later versions.

Options > Global

On the Audio Data tab, check the checkbox for Use Per Project Audio Files.

This is a GREAT idea! I just started using "per project" files. Great info dachay2tnr. I love it! I also makes it nice when it's time to clean audio as I can dump just the song files I want. :)

Still having both problems, although the MIDI problem is the one that's seriously pissing me off. The KX driver forums have been NO help, so I'm hoping someone can tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong. HELP!

And thanks guys.

Back