Votes: 27 35.1%
  • None, i would stop recording

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Who gives a shit, this thread sucks and so does the guy who made it

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters

liv_rong

Knows very little
i know that most around here, and the rest of the pro audio realm, pretty much generally agree that both of these companies products suck.

i have never owned any behringer stuff, but i do have a few samson components that i like, and seem to do just fine.

but if there were only these two companies left on earth making music/recording gear, which would you choose?

I had a Beri compact mixer that was pretty good. The build sucked and it wasn't very "hardy" but it got the job done. I also got a few racks that I really didn't need (and never use) but they did their jobs well I guess.

I had considered Sampson as a cheap alternative for lack of a sub once but didn't like the specs...

i don't think any of them suck. they both make decent products that are affordable. i have had neither fail on me and both didn't break my wallet either.

if i really had to choose tho, samson would be my vote only because their stuff feels more solid.

I voted Samson simply because I have now tried a number of Behringer products that were pure garbage, including an extremely noisy mixer or two, and then just recently I bought a used Samson PL2404 line mixer that is pretty noise free. Its only problem, apart perhaps from fairly low-quality pots, is that it seems to be utterly lacking in high-end thruput... it seems like I have to crank those "high" EQ knobs just about all the way to get the outgoing signal to sound the same as it does coming in. Otherwise it works well though :)

Samson S.Phone headphone distributer. $120. 4 channels, each channel having two optional outs (so effectively 12 outs), EQ for each channel, a blend feature that allows you to customise each individual performers 'phone mix, plenty of drive, accurate metering...

Kick ass.

Reliable? I dunno, but it's done the job so far.

I have a Behringer 4 channel mixer that I've recorded two folk albums with and I love it. It was inexpensive but does a great job. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that there is no power button? Who makes a friggin' mixer w/o a power button? I have to turn it off at the power supply when not working.

I've got a Samson C-control which I use to control my monitors and route stuff off to minidisc etc. Never had a problem with it. Plus it's got me out of a few problems in the past when I didn't have a mixer.

Samson for me.

haha

i have the c-control and the c-que8 and both have been doing what i want with no problems.

i read a lot of reviews on the big knob and on the c-control, and a lot of them said that they both didnt reproduce the sound the same. so i got the samson cause it was cheap, and i figured id return it if it sucked, but it didnt suck, it does well for me.

yes I voted for the bottom one about "this sucks"...and I appreciate the humor in it. but yes, both suck and whether which one sucks worse or not or if anything sucks....my post here sucks for even posting about gear that sucks...and really this sucks that i am even wasting seconds of my life posting about sucking posts....

i guess everyone sucks sometimes. many years ago the word "sucks" was like saying fuck.... but recently I heard...ok...a long time ago...like a month or so...

they (whoever "they" are) said the word FUCK will become common dictionary slang, as was done with the word SUCK....so SUCK and FUCK will become an accepted word into the grade schools and will not be considered a "bad" word.

and thats about all I have right now...I'll update later if anyones bored.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Why not add to the choices and include Nady in the group--
Then you have the choice of banging Oprah, Rosie, or Rosanne:D

Last edited:
better off keeping your dick in your pants, and do not bang any of those women...there are better women out there on the weekends, just take your std check kit with you....samson or berry....my god...apples/oranges and both are rotten.

Update,

Both of my Samson PS15 powerstrips have broek, sort of. The welds or clips that hold the unit to the rack ears hare no longer connected on the top section, so now they hang from the weight of the plugs. So, i need to get at least one new one, form another company.

Other than that, the rest of my Samson gear is holding up fine. I jsut bought a universal shelve and mounted my C-Control and C-que8 headphone amp in it. And I also just picked up another pair of of CH700 headphones for tracking.

I dont think I ever see a nees to buy anything Samson related anytime soon now though, I have enought cheap shit now:)

I have a Behringer 4 channel mixer that I've recorded two folk albums with and I love it. It was inexpensive but does a great job. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that there is no power button? Who makes a friggin' mixer w/o a power button? I have to turn it off at the power supply when not working.

i`d fix a switch on the cable like a lampshade- just a thought

nord

I use a couple of Samson patch bays with no problem, in fact, they work better than the Neutrik ones I have. The switches on the front to change the function from Normalized, half normalized, thru, etc are very handy....don't have to take it apart to change the setting. At least Samson is creative, unlike copy cat Behri

both are at the low end of gear. both prolly have crap and decent shit in their ranges.

i have a beh c3 mic that im happy with

Back