Samson meteor mic became super sensitive after a month of use

Rossy0

I bought the Samson meteor mic and it worked perfectly. My mic volume was on 100 in windows setting and it sounded great and didn't pic up much background noise. One day the microphone went super sensitive and would pick up ANY noise and when it was silent in my room on team speak for example it would show there noise being picked up.
also talking normally would cause the red light on the microphone to go off meaning it was peaking compared to before when it never would go red. i changed the USB port and a new the device was "re installed" and worked again for a short amount of time (usually a day) before that port went out and i kept doing that until i ran out of USB ports.
It seems the mic has self amplified or something and the quality of the mic is nowhere close to where it used to be and super sensitive. Yes, i could turn the volume in windows down to about 30 and i have to but the quality is incredibly reduced that it sounds like a laptop mic compared to the godlike mic i previously owned. I tried re installing drivers and nothing happened and i also replaced the microphone with a new one and it was exactly the same. Would love to know if there is a solution to this before i bite the bullet and buy a new microphone.
Thanks Ross

it sounds like a laptop mic compared to the godlike mic i previously owned.

Is it the laptop mic you're hearing?
That has certainly happened before. Double check which input device is selected and prove which mike you're hearing by proximity testing. :)

Nope, i use a desktop just seems like the same quality as they both seem to pick up a lot of noise and static in the background.

Nope, i use a desktop just seems like the same quality as they both seem to pick up a lot of noise and static in the background.

Heh..Worth a punt.

Would love to know if there is a solution to this before i bite the bullet and buy a new microphone.
Thanks Ross

If it worked just fine for a period of time then there has to be a solution.
I'm not a windows guy though, so hold fire and hopefully someone else will come along soon.
Welcome to HR, by the way. :)

Back