Samson G-track distortion

armansrsa

I recently purchased a samson G-track but i notice that at times the mic distorts when i try and record. In cubase it doesnt peak on the levels at all and the recording doesnt come out super loud or anything. I also know the capability of the mike because i have recorded decent guitar parts with it before. It doesnt come with a driver which is strange, perhaps is there a better driver one could use?? any help would be great

I recently purchased a samson G-track but i notice that at times the mic distorts when i try and record. In cubase it doesnt peak on the levels at all and the recording doesnt come out super loud or anything. I also know the capability of the mike because i have recorded decent guitar parts with it before. It doesnt come with a driver which is strange, perhaps is there a better driver one could use?? any help would be great

There probably should be software to control the built-in preamp gain....

There probably should be software to control the built-in preamp gain....

There is Samson Softpre which can be downloaded from their website. It doesn't say it is compatible with the G-Track, but i think it is, as it is designed for use with their other USB microphones. (That said i haven't got it to work with mine!)

Armansra, can i ask if you get a good recording volume with your mic? I've just got a G-Track as well and have to have the onboard volume almost up to full to get a decent recording volume, at which point it introduces some slight humming in the background.

Back