Saints and Strangers

grn

After 5 years it's time to wrap up this record. I outsourced a few things here and there, but for the most part it's just me in my bedroom. I wanted to share this before it's properly released with the hope that I will receive feedback so that I can improve upon my process next time. All of the songs have been posted here at various times and I really appreciate all the feedback I received. I got it mastered by Massive Mastering because of the knowledge and expertise he has shared on this forum.

https://soundcloud.com/michaelchagnon/sets/saints-and-strangers/s-YNLKdThg4gS?si=82e577be193b4bb29c943963e66349dc
Edit: For some reason this forum was converting the Soundcloud URL incorrectly.
Edit 2: Try this link... I used a URL shortening service so the forum didn't recognize it as Soundcloud.

Thanks in advance for listening and for providing any feedback.

Last edited:
Congratulations on finishing your project! There must be a better way to post your link though im not sure what it is? I always use the preview post function to see what the end result will look like. Anyways ive listened to your material in the past and know to expect high quality, i'm on song 4 and i think it sounds excellent! The first tune was a surprise choice and to be honest the guitars sounded kinda bright to me but the second song i thought sounded excellent, the duo vocals sound great. It was song six that i remember and i think that song is a highlight, really great big rocking sound to come out of a bedroom! Really well performed mixed and mastered overall! A nice varied collection of songs.

Congratulations on finishing your project! There must be a better way to post your link though im not sure what it is? I always use the preview post function to see what the end result will look like. Anyways ive listened to your material in the past and know to expect high quality, i'm on song 4 and i think it sounds excellent! The first tune was a surprise choice and to be honest the guitars sounded kinda bright to me but the second song i thought sounded excellent, the duo vocals sound great. It was song six that i remember and i think that song is a highlight, really great big rocking sound to come out of a bedroom! Really well performed mixed and mastered overall! A nice varied collection of songs.
Thank you. Yes, the first track is really hit or miss for most, but I wanted to start the song cycle off with a slow burn. Maybe it’s the sadist in me, but I feel like if you can’t get through the first track then you have no business hearing the rest. I know that’s not how people listen to music nowadays, but this is really meant to be a whole piece rather than individual songs. I also know that probably sounds a bit bizarre considering how varied they all are.

Back