Sad But True

I'm a bit pressed for time here (it's late!) so I've uploaded a 320kbps MP3 for now just to get it going. It's 13mb (ish).

Work your magic and let me know what you come up with :)

The echoing backups between solos I like the idea of, and a touch of verb on the vocals would work wonders I reckon. Other that that, I like the vocal on the original MP3 you upped, even dry so any additions are a bonus! :)

P-J said:
I'm a bit pressed for time here (it's late!) so I've uploaded a 320kbps MP3 for now just to get it going. It's 13mb (ish).

Work your magic and let me know what you come up with :)

The echoing backups between solos I like the idea of, and a touch of verb on the vocals would work wonders I reckon. Other that that, I like the vocal on the original MP3 you upped, even dry so any additions are a bonus! :)

Got It. I'll try to mess with it when I get a chance.

F.S.

New file.

Ok here it is with backups. I think its pretty close now. I see I may have to raise the backups when they echo behind the main vox between solos.
I cleaned up the one long break and the end of the song. Had to get tricky. If you like it the way it was I can do that for ya P-J. At volume under compression there was a low feedback happening that I was not fond of.
You can here it in the first break that I left alone. I only did the backups. I didn't go in and fix any of the main vocals :o What do you want for free :D

I did not press the volume too much. Didn't want to mess up your mix.

I have to say this is a NICE mix you did :)

Hope you like.

If anyone has comments on the levels let me hear it :D

F.S.

Freudian Slip said:
Ok here it is with backups. I think its pretty close now. I see I may have to raise the backups when they echo behind the main vox between solos.
I cleaned up the one long break and the end of the song. Had to get tricky. If you like it the way it was I can do that for ya P-J. At volume under compression there was a low feedback happening that I was not fond of.
You can here it in the first break that I left alone. I only did the backups. I didn't go in and fix any of the main vocals :o What do you want for free :D

I did not press the volume too much. Didn't want to mess up your mix.

I have to say this is a NICE mix you did :)

Hope you like.

If anyone has comments on the levels let me hear it :D

F.S.
That sounds pretty good man...nice job with getting the verb and echoes to sound so good.

Nice job both of you. I do like the growl in your voice dog, well done ;)

I agree that its danzig meets metallica but very nice indeed ~

Again, great mix on that P-J - Kudos to all 3 of you!

Reactions: P-J
Hi guys. I wasn't sleeping, I was just updating my Lotus mix :)

Dogman -- Good work, I love the fact that vocal is so different, it's much more modern, it fact it's almost like a new song. I like :)

Freudian -- Love the new stuff on the vocals, especially the harmonies you did :) Don't worry about the end, I think it's better the way you've edited it! With the software I have I can't 'mute' the crash with my hands so it's something I would have considered anyway :)

Woohoo-- Collaborations rock :) I haven't actually listened to the original for some time, I did this from memory so it wouldn't be too much of a copy. Having just listened to the original, it's pretty close :eek:

P-J said:
Hi guys. I wasn't sleeping, I was just updating my Lotus mix :)

Dogman -- Good work, I love the fact that vocal is so different, it's much more modern, it fact it's almost like a new song. I like :)

Freudian -- Love the new stuff on the vocals, especially the harmonies you did :) Don't worry about the end, I think it's better the way you've edited it! With the software I have I can't 'mute' the crash with my hands so it's something I would have considered anyway :)

Woohoo-- Collaborations rock :) I haven't actually listened to the original for some time, I did this from memory so it wouldn't be too much of a copy. Having just listened to the original, it's pretty close :eek:

Cool. I will leave the break and end the way they are. I wouold have liked to leave the cymbals going, but there was somthing else going I thought. Maybe it was the cymbal geting over the crash and starting to ring? Anyway I like how the main break turned out. It goes dead silent now Then Bang!

I would say your mix is pretty much a dead ringer for the original. When I listened I was shocked how close it was :D

If you want a Wave let me know. The mp3 I have up is 320khz though.

Later

F.S.

You got it right :) Thanks for credits;)
I've been thinking the vocals my be a bit too out front, but you should never let the singer decide :D You let me know what you think.

F.S.

Freudian Slip said:
You got it right :) Thanks for credits;)
I've been thinking the vocals my be a bit too out front, but you should never let the singer decide :D You let me know what you think.

F.S.

I wasn't gonna say, but they are a smidge outfront-- It hits you pretty hard when they first come in. If you could back it off a smidge that would be cool :)

P-J said:
I wasn't gonna say, but they are a smidge outfront-- It hits you pretty hard when they first come in. If you could back it off a smidge that would be cool :)

You got it. I'll let you know when I get it done and uploaded.

F.S.

Ok try this on for size. I knockit all down a bit & evened it out some. The first part was the loudest so it got extra treatment.

If you have any body that needs vox on a song I am starting a website for freelance vocals and I can do pretty too :D I'll even take the time to learn the song so it's not jerky like this one. I'm going to get all preacticed up :eek: Haven't practiced in years. Anyway pricing will be per project but reasonable.... Just had to plug :D Who knows if it will ever go anywhere, but what the hell.

F.S.

This is absolutely perfect now buddy-- Not too much music, not too music vocal. You've really tucked the vocal in nicely, I'm very impressed :)

Back