room sim/correction apps

paresh

Just wondering if anyone uses room simulation apps to mix on headphones? If so any recommendations at a decent price? Thanks

I recently bought the Steven Slate VSX headphone system and I think it's great so far.

$300, but you get some nice cans as well. I was looking into small studio monitors and would have easily spent this much or more and would still be mixing in my living room or garage.

Blue Cat Rehead, dSoniq by Realphones - they both have possibilities but a little complex & I need to go thru the manual. Goodhertz can Opener had such a poor interface i didn't go further with it. RedLine monitor was very simple but I couldn't hear any difference. I still want to try Dear VR. I didn't try Slate bec I want to stay with my own cans.

I've been using SoundID with Goodhertz Can Opener for about 4 or so months with Sennheiser HD600's. This combo and some other factors I think got me to improved mixes. I think I'm probably still a ways from highly accurate stuff in the low end like kick and bass guitar etc...and still a long way from not only mixes but performances that really work. But it's better than I'd been doing before. I like the Goodhertz stuff. I find their GUI's really simple and reassuring. But yeah, a lot of people find them terrible. Anyway, I'm really considering the Slate VSX system and don't mind that I won't be using my HD600's to mix as such. They can still serve as mix checking and what not.

Back