Roland Octa Capture volume control

viktor80

hi

so I got Roland Octa Capture

I have two pairs of speakers active monitors and ordinary dynamic with amplifier and at times I need to turn on one and turn off another

I switch in DAW output settings to OCTA-CAPTURE and volume of speakers connected through master output 1-2 on unit is controlled with MAIN OUT knob turning

I switch in my DAW output settings to 5-6 (OCTA-CAPTURE) and speakers connected through 5-6 outputs on unit sounds on the one uncontrolled volume level that can be increased or decreased only through the DAW

I tried to do it through the OCTA-CAPTURE control panel too but could not find volume control for this outputs 4-3, 5-6 and 8-7

how do I control the output volume from computer through 4-3, 5-6 or 8-7 output with MAIN OUT knob (or if with knob it's impossible) with OCTA-CAPTURE control panel?

funny is that my old ozonic m-audio has pair of outputs balanced and unbalanced lines and both is simple controlled from main volume control

Different interfaces give different routing options and if the Roland does not have what you need, well sorry it doesn't! This is where a Monitor Controller is useful.

I am not a fan of software control for final monitor feed. Tis always 2am when the DAW goes ape***t and slams everything to white noise at 0dBFS and Mr Grumpy next door is suing! You need a nice big analogue pot knob to dive for. ("We" have this problem. The tester in the next room has an Acer that keeps crashing and sounds like a road drill thru some big Yamaha monitors!) .

Dave.

Different interfaces give different routing options and if the Roland does not have what you need, well sorry it doesn't! This is where a Monitor Controller is useful.

I am not a fan of software control for final monitor feed. Tis always 2am when the DAW goes ape***t and slams everything to white noise at 0dBFS and Mr Grumpy next door is suing! You need a nice big analogue pot knob to dive for. ("We" have this problem. The tester in the next room has an Acer that keeps crashing and sounds like a road drill thru some big Yamaha monitors!) .

Dave.

thx for your answer

now it works

just need to assign a separate mixer for selected channel

Back