RODE NT2A - Fast Track Pro - Axiom 49 ( Help Please !)

emirtaha

Hi Guys,

Basically, since I was a child, I have an interest of playing guitar, keyboard and singing. Nowadays, I want
to make some covers for youtube in my channel. So I have been searching about a good studio microphone and the things that I need to connect it with computer. I wanted to have some recommendations about the
RODE NT2A and The Fast Track Pro (or whatever). And also, I want to get Axiom 49 to play instruments
(drums, violins, cello, keyboard) and stuff. So I am confused about how to connect the mic for computer
how to connect the Axiom 49 and how to use it. I am using Logic Pro 9. I want to have reccomendations.
Thanks a lot for everyone !

Welp, to record you need to start out with an interface, which you have listed the M audio fast track pro. That will do fine for youtube covers. You will be plugging your microphone and keyboard into the fast track. I believe the fast track pro is a usb interface, so it just plugs into your usb port of your computer.

Although I have never heard the Rode NT2A, it should do fine for what you need. Other microphones to consider are the AT 4040, Shure sm-57, Studio Projects C1, etc.

As for the Axiom 49, I believe this is a controller, not a workstation, so you wont be getting much use out of it unless your instruments are virtual. Check craigslist and find a used workstation like yamaha motif, korg triton/m3/m50, roland fantom, etc.

I own a Rode NT2A mic and is a brilliant mic. I was recommended it by a recording engineer. I wanted to record accordion with it and it does it very well. I haven't owned any other studio mic to compare but believe me I am very fussy when it comes to sound quality. The mic is solid and built like a tank. I really don't think you can go wrong with this mic. Great quality and crystal sound.

Back