Rock type song: Unity

hey,

alright, in my own opinion: It's a good guitar arrangement. I've always been more of a 'holistic' guy myself, so I would think this would make a good intro to a rock ballad or something...it's got kind of a vintage 80's feel to it almost (think scorpions or Joe Satriani)

sounds like you've got some clipping going on as well, did you use compression?

this is a very pretty song, i like it a lot as far as writing, but the production has a few problems:

i'm hearing two guitars, one clean and one ditortion... there may be a bass in there somewhere too, but it's hard to tell, which is problem number one

your clean guitar is all lows and it's very muffled sounding... in the end all you hear is the low notes it's playing

the distortion guitar sounds like you just plugged the distortion pedal right into whatever you used to record.. and in my experience that's no-no #1... mic your amp... you'll love yourself for it later... clean guitar is okay (most of the time even better) to record straight in, but you have to mic your distortion guitar.

other than that, if i'm gonna nitpick (which i am) i'd say maybe get a little more expressive with the lead guitar... just a little more fluidity (is that a word) to your notes... they're all very straight... play it like you feel it

but don't get me wrong, it's a really beautiful song... it deserves the royal treatment!

What did u record on? Sounds like a home studio like the br1180 or something. You should mic your amp for a better sound. Nice melodic song.

the main guitar lead seemed a bit brittle... consider rolling off some of the highs above 6K... give it some time to soak in afterwards though before deciding...

the backing guitar was distorting as you were travling down the lower register...

Back