Rise Up Singing

Sounds really good. The performances are incredibly good. But then again, I don't think that they were recorded in a homerecording environment ;)

There's a handclap throughout that I don't think adds anything to the sound at all. The drums can barely be heard except that roll-off before the 3rd(? - after the ooh ooh ooh part)) verse and the crash cymbal.

I like it a lot.
The vocal is stellar. The drums could come up. The guitar fills and the music lacked dynamics and was a little monotonus. But, that helped to highlight the vocal.
Sounded like a backing track for a singer more so than a band as a whole.
That being said it's better results than I can get so I have to say... great job!

Sounds really good. The performances are incredibly good. But then again, I don't think that they were recorded in a homerecording environment ;)

Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment. Definitely not tracked in the home recording environment. Tracked at Studio Paradiso in San Francisco using just about every high-end Telefunken mic in their product line. :)

Thanks again.

There's a handclap throughout that I don't think adds anything to the sound at all. The drums can barely be heard except that roll-off before the 3rd(? - after the ooh ooh ooh part)) verse and the crash cymbal.

Thanks for the feedback. Agree drums do sit back a bit, which is uncharacteristic for me. Being a drummer I tend to push the drums a bit more.

I like it a lot.
The vocal is stellar. The drums could come up. The guitar fills and the music lacked dynamics and was a little monotonus. But, that helped to highlight the vocal.
Sounded like a backing track for a singer more so than a band as a whole.
That being said it's better results than I can get so I have to say... great job!

Appreciate you comments. Interesting you point out the band thing. The only musician was Jackie Greene; he played & sang everything which might account for the impression that this was not like a band played it.

Thanks again.

This was a great listen....good song.....just needs a little more going on in song from the second verse on. The producer side in me says bring an organ underneath and add a second guitar in the chorus on the other side playing a counter melody(nothing pronounced). It'll keep it interesting.

Back