Ribbons are here!

Big Kenny

Got my replacement ribbons today. Put them in with no casualties and I now own a matched pair of creamy ribbons. Thanks and Kudus (what are Kudos anyway) to Chance and the TnC troops

Do you think all those who said it would never happen will come here and admit they were wrong. Maybe even offer up an apology to Chance, it would be nice to see but I doubt it will happen.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Congrats by the way!!:D:D

I love my ribbons from TNC:D:D

Got my replacement ribbons today. Put them in with no casualties and I now own a matched pair of creamy ribbons. Thanks and Kudus (what are Kudos anyway) to Chance and the TnC troops
Mine arrived today as well. I haven't actually installed any yet, but now that I have some spares I'm a lot less afraid to try it.

Thanks, Chance!

It's all Greek to me

(what are Kudos anyway)

ku⋅dos1   /ˈkudoʊz, -doʊs, -dɒs, ˈkyu-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [koo-dohz, -dohs, -dos, kyoo-] Show IPA
–noun (used with a singular verb) honor; glory; acclaim: He received kudos from everyone on his performance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1825–35; irreg. transliteration of Gk kŷdos

Usage note:
In the 19th century, kudos1 entered English as a singular noun, a transliteration of a Greek singular noun kŷdos meaning “praise or renown.” It was at first used largely in academic circles, but it gained wider currency in the 1920s in journalistic use, particularly in headlines: Playwright receives kudos. Kudos given to track record breakers. Kudos is often used, as in these examples, in contexts that do not clearly indicate whether it is singular or plural; and because it ends in -s, the marker of regular plurals in English, kudos has come to be widely regarded and used as a plural noun meaning “accolades” rather than as a singular mass noun meaning “honor or glory.”

The singular form kudo has been produced from kudos by back formation, the same process that gave us the singular pea from pease, originally both singular and plural, sherry from Xeres (an earlier spelling of the Spanish city Jerez), and cherry from the French singular noun cherise. This singular form has developed the meanings “honor” and “statement of praise, accolade.”
Both the singular form kudo and kudos as a plural are today most common in journalistic writing. Some usage guides warn against using them.

Just make sure to use plastic tools aoround the magnets, I wrecked the first one trying to take the slack out and the magnet grabbed it and crushed the ribbon (very fragile)

that's great news! Mine haven't arrived yet.

No kidding about the ferrous (iron/steel) tools - those magnets are merciless. I ripped a ribbon, too, but fortunately the tear was past the point that went under the clamp.

did any of you get any sort of correspondence indicating that these would be shipped? i sent my info to chance a while ago but never got any type of reply or confirmation... is this what you guys experienced as well?

update - mine are here! Packed in a little plastic case - I'll have fun putting them in.

BTW, I never got any response to my email indicating my shipping info or any other indication that they were on the way, so it's likely that yours are coming soon.

I'm owed a shock mount and a ribbon. I never did send any kind of info except on the last GB purchase I sent a note w/ my payment asking if he would be sending the S/M and Ribbon. Shouldn't Chance already know who he owes?

I'm glad I saw this Thread... since the Big GB thread closed I stopped coming by to check on the ACM and ACMP gear saga. I just don't have time to go through all the different forums looking for threads on the topic.

I guess I'm one of the few that wished the Big Thread was still going and I don't see how it was hurting the HR community in General.

B.

BTW- ALL my gear is still working great... 2 73s, 2 84s, 6802, 1200, 2, 3, and 2 310s. With all the hoopla that took place w/ the Pres I feel Very Fortunate that mine have no problems. I sure hope that those fixes came about and those with Non usable ones got em to work.

I'm glad I saw this Thread... since the Big GB thread closed I stopped coming by to check on the ACM and ACMP gear saga. I just don't have time to go through all the different forums looking for threads on the topic.

I guess I'm one of the few that wished the Big Thread was still going and I don't see how it was hurting the HR community in General.
Yes, I think we need a forum somewhere that can draw the group buy community back together to discuss the equipment, the problems, the ongoing developments, etc. Obviously, HR is not interested in hosting such a forum, but perhaps one will develop on one of the other boards. If so, I hope someone will call our attention to it. At the moment, there seems to be nothing, just a void. I know that there are some discussion threads on PSM and Gearslutz, but there doesn't seem to be any one place that is the focus of the discussion.

It would be easy to start a Yahoo Group for the Group Buy, but it would seem to make more sense to try to pull the group together in one of the existing fora. It certainly doesn't make sense to splinter the discussion any more than it already is.

My replacement ribbons showed up with yesterday's mail delivery. I'm still waiting for a shockmount for my ACM-760 from a previous GB.

Yes, I think we need a forum somewhere that can draw the group buy community back together to discuss the equipment, the problems, the ongoing developments, etc. Obviously, HR is not interested in hosting such a forum, but perhaps one will develop on one of the other boards. If so, I hope someone will call our attention to it. At the moment, there seems to be nothing, just a void. I know that there are some discussion threads on PSM and Gearslutz, but there doesn't seem to be any one place that is the focus of the discussion.

It would be easy to start a Yahoo Group for the Group Buy, but it would seem to make more sense to try to pull the group together in one of the existing fora. It certainly doesn't make sense to splinter the discussion any more than it already is.

this is a good idea... someone did create a place but nobody ever went there.
http://tnc-gear.proboards.com/
maybe now that the big thread is closed more will start using it

this is a good idea... someone did create a place but nobody ever went there.
http://tnc-gear.proboards.com/
maybe now that the big thread is closed more will start using it
Looks like a pretty nice place. Everything's ready for use, just no one there to use it.

I registered. If Chance would jump in (and maybe endorse it), it would probably take off. It looks like exactly what we need.

Do you think all those who said it would never happen will come here and admit they were wrong. Maybe even offer up an apology to Chance, it would be nice to see but I doubt it will happen.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Congrats by the way!!:D:D

I love my ribbons from TNC:D:D

I was one of the ones who lost all hope and said they would never come. (I still have not gotten any ribbons yet, mind you.) If they do come, then yes, I am man enough to show my face and admit I was wrong.

I don't see the need for me to make any apologies though. It shouldn't be a mystery to anyone why I lost hope. In fact, I was hoping that my rude comments would prompt this shipment. Perhaps it has. We may never know.

I wonder if the ribbons will come with an apology to me for taking two freaking years. (Nah, never mind. Let's not go there.)

That's very encouraging to hear. I'm owed stuff as well. Hopefully it shows up soon. That would be awesome as I have a sudden influx of studio "guests".

Back