rewire question. what gives?

alphadelta80

I am using a digi 001 with the ASIO driver which allows me to use it as an interface for Nuendo. I was getting used to opening rewire while Nuendo is open and then opening reason as a slave. This allowed me to mix the vocals in Nuendo with an instrumental in Reason, thus avoiding exporting all the tracks. Recently, I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall all my software. Ever since then, Rewire has been malfunctioning. When I minimize the Nuendo window in order to view the reason window. The audio stops. No sound will play if the Nuendo window is minimized. This was never a problem before. Is there a setting I need to change or is this some type of glitch?

Rewire has always been a bit buggy. First thinkg I'd suggest is make sure you have the latest versions of the software. Maybe a good old re-install.

Enchilada said:
Rewire has always been a bit buggy.
For you folks down under maybe.

For those of us right-side-up in the good ol' USA, I've never had a wisper of a problem, a bug or anything of the kind.

I do agree though that a good old reinstall may be the way to solve the problem at hand. :D

ssscientist said:
For you folks down under maybe.

For those of us right-side-up in the good ol' USA, I've never had a wisper of a problem, a bug or anything of the kind.

I do agree though that a good old reinstall may be the way to solve the problem at hand. :D

I've had problems with Adobe Audition as the host and FLstudio as the client. For example using event editor automations with a wave traveller sometimes the sound of that sample cuts out mud way.
Smooth sailing using Ableton Live as a host but.

alphadelta80 said:
I am using a digi 001 with the ASIO driver which allows me to use it as an interface for Nuendo. I was getting used to opening rewire while Nuendo is open and then opening reason as a slave. This allowed me to mix the vocals in Nuendo with an instrumental in Reason, thus avoiding exporting all the tracks. Recently, I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall all my software. Ever since then, Rewire has been malfunctioning. When I minimize the Nuendo window in order to view the reason window. The audio stops. No sound will play if the Nuendo window is minimized. This was never a problem before. Is there a setting I need to change or is this some type of glitch?

You have to release the ASIO driver in the background (its where you select what driver you are going to use) in order to have the audio to keep playing when you minimize the nuendo window,

Back