Reverb pedals?

Be Loveless

My new amp should arrive today however NO reverb. Reccomendations for a verb pedal that won't kill my tone appreciated.

I'm thinking of getting a Fender 63 outboard spring reverb but they are *very* expensive.

I've tried a few digital reverb pedals but none of them did it for me.
The reverb on the pedals was too realistic - actually sounding like a room, hall or whatever. What I really wanted was the sound of a spring or plate (preferably a plate) reverb.

I tried the 63 and it is really nice, but as I say - really expensive :(

There is one called the Holy Grail from Electro harmonix (I think).

wich is suposed to be quite good.

and as codemate mentioned Fender has some stuff, and they make some good reverbration.

The spring reverb setting on the Digitech pedal (I think it's called the "Digiverb") is remarkably good. It really does do a spot on imitation of a real reverb tank. The room sounds are pretty nice, too. It also sounds very warm, and doesn't suffer from a lot of the "digital nasties."

Be aware that you need to buy the power supply with it. The thing eats batteries like crazy.

Sorry, I've been on an amp quest for quite awhile. I paly clean and half the time VERY hard. I have been using a roland Jc-77 but have been becoming increasingly disatisfied with it's thin character. I tried tons of guitar combos old and new but none of them realy had the "stability"(?) I was looking for. I wanted Solid state (I hate fukin with tubes and which brand and re biasing and breakup and PROBLEMS), and I wanted to pound a chord while retaining definition and without shrill treble and I wanted the bottom end to go BOOOOM!. The closest thing I found was the Ampeg B100r bass amp. I could not really afford that at the moment but found its little brother the b50r on ebay for a good pric from a reputable seller. I decided to take a chance and (here it comes) buy an amp without hearing it first. Well it arrived today and I'm still undecided. It has a lot of the sound qualities that I'm looking for : Big sound, does'nt wimp out when I rip through my strings, every string is heard and has it's own space, amazingly responsive, it goes BOOOOM!, my only real problem with it is that it sounds almost too much like a tube amp. I'm totally serious, it's solid state ( real Solid State, no digital processors or amp emulators or starved plate toob preamp here) but you would never believe it unless someone told you, it has some REAL character. I do like it, not as much as the B100r, but I am enjoying it. I'll have to have a couple of rehearsals with it before I decide whether or not to re-sell.

ampeg b50r

Thanks for the verb suggestions. I'm sure those are all good boxes (however price IS an object) and have cool reverb sounds BUT do they severely interfere with the original signals tone AND do they bypass cleanly?

I have the B100R and I'm very happy with it. It does a good job of replacing my tired old B15N, and weighs about half as much, without the fragile and expensive tubes.

You might try a Danelectro reverb pedal. I have one I use with harp and a modded Pignose G40V, which also doesn't have a reverb. It's inexpensive, but sounds good. It does NOT have any options: you have to like the sound you get. For harmonica, which is not an instrument that you need a wide variety of reverbs for, it's fine.

Do you use the b100r with Guitars at all?

It's a couple hours later and I'm beginning to really dig this amp, tons of personality. Could use just a bit more head room but I'm beginning to think that noone makes "EXACTLY" what I'm looking for.

I might give the danelectro a shot although this amp does have a sort of "ambience" dry on its own.

Do you use the b100r with Guitars at all?

Not the B100R, but for a long stretch in the '90's I used the B15N that way, when I was younger and could more easily hump the thing around. I love the sound of a guitar (esp my Chet Atkins Country Gent) through a 15" speaker, even though (at the time) I didn't have a reverb pedal.

But the B100R is used strictly for bass thumping, and that will probably continue, now that I've got the Pignose.

Back