Reverb buss

mcmac74

Hi

I have a basic song template set up where I use a buss with some reverb vst to receive from most tracks so that the song has a nice overall balance of reverb. Since learning how to set up a buss I've not touched the template but noticed tonight that muting the buss track or changing the effect is not making any difference to the tracks sending to it. I've clearly got something wrong here but not sure what. I've attached a pic of the set up so you can see if I'm missing the obvious.

Thanks, Mark

Attachments

• 20220526_203144.jpg
    20220526_203144.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 13
What reverb are you using? That can have a lot to do with the strength of the signals going into it. I use ReaVerb with IRs (without IRs, there is little 'reverb' in the plug-in) and am usually in the -31 to -28 range.

Your sends might be fine . . . but just check your reverb settings in case something has gone wrong there. If you are using Reaverb, for example, make sure you have selected a preset, or have the dry signal turned down.

Thanks for looking folks.

The reverb vst is called dragonfly and has numerous presets you can adjust and I've definitely selected one. Vhs, I've turned them right up with no difference. Gecko, I'm at work right now but will definitely check I've not left the dry signal turned up.

Thanks, Mark

So the dry signal was turned right down...something else definitely amiss as there is absolutely no change in the sound when I mute the buss or add a more obvious hall reverb? Here's the VST set up...

Attachments

• 20220531_120249.jpg
    20220531_120249.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 5
I downloaded the VST and played aorund with it.

Play around with the early level, early send and late level sliders. Push them right up and adjust downwards from there.

Thanks for taking a look Gecko 👍...I'll try those out. I did wonder if I'd got the set up of the buss wrong but if its a case of being a bit bolder with the sliders then I'll get on it.

Mark

Back