Red Fostex MR-8 Memory Flashcard Upgrade

Pickinator

Hi Folks; I am a newbie here.

Please forgive me for asking a question that may be available in the archives but I don't know how to access.

I have a 2002 red MR-8 with the old 128Mb flash card and would like to upgrade to the largest memory flash card; I believe it will take up to a 2 gig. There is an old website that has tested cards that will work but I can't find any of those cards for sale anywhere. Does anyone know of a specific card (manufacturer and model # of flashcard) that will work and is still being sold.

Thanks

About myself, I am 53, married, 4 kids, have been playing the drums since age 9, bass guitar for about 20 years, and plunk around on synthesizers. I am not well versed in recording but am learning.

Pickinator/Jim:)

Hi, Pickinator. I'm new here as well. I recently purchased a Red Fostex MR-8 and I'd like to use a larger CF card as well. From what I have read, larger CF cards require the user update the MR-8 software. I found the software; its is available on the Fostex website. What I have not been able to find anywhere are instructions for completing the update. How did you do it?

Thanks
Tim's Brother

Back