Votes: 2 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hell no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Welcome Dusty

First of all I like your guitar tone.
The Bass needs a bit of definition in the mix.
Wish I could be more helpful with that one, it's something I too struggle with.
The song is solid enough, I think it's the timing that throws the whole thing off a little.
Country flavoured R&B like this needs to have a solid timing.
I see where you are going with this though.

Welcome aboard Dusty

Here is what I hear.

Fun piece. Guitars are too hot, bring them down. Country music is about vocals. Guitar tone is OK, just too loud. There seems to be something a bit off. Drums seem to be out of whack every so often.

I think the bass could do a little more than just thump out a basic bass line. Everything also seems to be set center. You might be able to get a little more spacial awareness by panning some stuff left and right--not hard panning, but a little off set to add some space to the song.

Good work, cool piece

Cool guitar sounds. Real nice and warm. Nice riff, provides a good hook. Nice solid bass sound.

You might want to make some cuts in the guitar. They're taking over the vocal to a little extent.

It sounds like a pretty long delay (or predelay on a reverb) on the guitar. I might shorten it just a bit - it makes for just a little "messiness" in the part.

Good job.

Hmmm.....Ya know when you build a house, It kind of hurts to have to tear it down to re place the sink....Naaaa....that's fun.

Thanks for the input folks. This was my very first song I mixed on my VS880EX. You are correct about it being panned to the
center, when I recorded it, I don't think I knew about the ability to pan.

The replys have reiterated things I was thinking about that Song already. I was just hoping I could sneak it in there, but you guys are to good.

Boring base and drum lines...a little hot on the rhthm...waiting for the one to ask where the lead is.

Thanks again HevyD47Ca, TripleM, Sloop
DustyJack

The wierd delay grew on me as the tune went on.Almost gave it a live,in concert sound.I thought it was a cool tune.

Thanks Bubba, I think when I remix it I'll tone it down a bit. I've gotta figure out what to do with the drums. I am not a drummer.
Or a bass player.

Gotta hit the books

Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

After I listen to a few times it seems like the song just goes on and on and on....Just wondering if that's just me or do I have to break it up or shorten it.

just got a VTB1 preamp on my front porch....Man I love those UPS folks....makes m day eveytime they come around.

Great guitar sound and vocals. I like the bass too. I don't mind that it's not doing a whole lot - it fits the song.
Drums? Well, that's the weakest part. I think just a kick on 1&3 and snare on 2&4 with hi-hat quarter notes would be a place to start. A few crashes and snare hits to accent things. Nothing fancy needed on this - but something steady.

I don't think the song goes on and on. I think it's just fine. And I'm one to usually nit-pick songs that don't go anywhere.

Enjoy your new toy! And post something you get done with it.

Back