recording question

SeppukU

Whats the best way to increase my guitars volume when im recording to my computer. ive tried runing my guitar into my amp with it cranked all the way up and hooking up a line from the amps headphone spot to the computer but it didnt get much of a bust in fact it was more quit. ive also tried hooking up my guitar to the auxilary port on a stereo and cranking it up and running it into the computer but the results were not that good any thing i can do without spending alot of money? i think i have $4.00 but that cant buy much.

Best way is to mic your amp, and run the mic through a preamp then from there into the 'Line In' on the sound card.

But if you only have four bucks, you can plug your guitar into the Line In too, but the sound, in my opinion is lacking. It sounds like you plugged your guitar into the Line In on the sound card, if you get my drift.

But till your ship comes in, I'd give it a whirl. At least you can record stuff.

You might try going from your amp Line Out to the mic Line In.

Also, don't crank your amp. Turn it down if anything. Low, record something, listen to it and if need be make some adjustments. Some times the sound card will cut off due to the amount of volume being passed through it. That may be what is happening.

Keep coming back here, too. Others will come along and offer more stuff.

Good luck.

This may be a silly question, but same thing I always say for pallies that record direct into PC cards. Did you make sure to check the line in volume under your audio preferences. Sounds like it may be too low. Usually they are far to high and people ask the question of why it cracks and distorts. Yours sounds like it may be the opposite. Take a looky,

Fangar

SeppukU said:
Whats the best way to increase my guitars volume when im recording to my computer. ive tried runing my guitar into my amp with it cranked all the way up and hooking up a line from the amps headphone spot to the computer but it didnt get much of a bust in fact it was more quit. ive also tried hooking up my guitar to the auxilary port on a stereo and cranking it up and running it into the computer but the results were not that good any thing i can do without spending alot of money? i think i have $4.00 but that cant buy much.

If you turned your amp louder, the recording was softer.

Sounds to me like your soundcard, or the software you're using has an auto-leveling "feature" built in. Disable it and this problem will go away. what software?

my line in volume is turned all the way up and im using a wave recorder made by voyetra that was already on my computer

Back