Recording Loop Phrases on BR1600CD

sp_clark

I have a question regarding the methods to use to record loop phrases to have them sound good. I was experimenting with a simple rhythm guitar loop last night. I recorded the 4 measure loop on track 1, marked the beginning and end postions exactly at the first beat of first measure and last beat (end) of last measure, then created the loop phrase on track 11/12 using the Loop Phrase by track function. That all worked fine. But when I 'arrange' the loop, there is an audible (noticeable) 'hickup' between the end of the loop and the beginning of the next repeat of the loop. Is there a trick to the start/stop positions to avoid this? I tried marking the end exactly on the first beat of the measure immediately after the end of the loop, and I also tried backing down ONE (whatever the smallest 'time' increment is on the BR ....I can't remember), but in both cases, there was a noticeable 'gap' between the repeated loops. My thought was maybe Rhythm strumming doesn't lend itself well to recorded loops, or maybe the BR doesn't really handle recorded loop phrases very well, or maybe I just don't know what the hell I'm doing (most likely culprit ; - ) ). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, how do you email Laura Tyson at Roland? I know I saw her email here somewhere but can't find it now.

Thanks
Steve

br1600 loop phrases

I have a question regarding the methods to use to record loop phrases to have them sound good. I was experimenting with a simple rhythm guitar loop last night. I recorded the 4 measure loop on track 1, marked the beginning and end postions exactly at the first beat of first measure and last beat (end) of last measure, then created the loop phrase on track 11/12 using the Loop Phrase by track function. That all worked fine. But when I 'arrange' the loop, there is an audible (noticeable) 'hickup' between the end of the loop and the beginning of the next repeat of the loop. Is there a trick to the start/stop positions to avoid this? I tried marking the end exactly on the first beat of the measure immediately after the end of the loop, and I also tried backing down ONE (whatever the smallest 'time' increment is on the BR ....I can't remember), but in both cases, there was a noticeable 'gap' between the repeated loops. My thought was maybe Rhythm strumming doesn't lend itself well to recorded loops, or maybe the BR doesn't really handle recorded loop phrases very well, or maybe I just don't know what the hell I'm doing (most likely culprit ; - ) ). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, how do you email Laura Tyson at Roland? I know I saw her email here somewhere but can't find it now.

Thanks
Steve

Hi i have this same problem. i am new to the br1600 and am just etting my head around loop phrases. i have made an arrangement with them but between loops there is a hiccup which is more noticeable when i change phrases. i was thinking this may be due to the stretch of the loop as my tempo is only at 81bpm and the loop is aorund 120, please help i am just starting to froth on this thing and this has pulled me up

My guess is that you are not getting the correct end or start point. Nice work finding an 8 year old thread!

Back