Recording Help with my VF160ex

ronaldscott11

Hi, I am new to audio recording, both digital and analog, but I have a tiny but decent understand of my Fostex Vf160ex. I'm just an aspiring musician trying to figure out how to record with my new 16 track recorder my neighbor gave me that was no longer relevant to him. I understand the concept of direct recording, which works perfectly fine with my keyboard or with my electric guitars, but I have a microphone that connects in to 7/15g or 8/16h. But once it is plugged in, I simply do not know how to get sound to go from my microphone to my recorder as I do with direct recording with my keyboard. It would mean the world to me if anybody could help me, please.

Well, maybe my problem was worded wrong, but somebody please help me understand how to record vocals to one track for a program that I am recording. I have my microphone, I have a dependable amp chord, but I don't know how to get the vocal audio to record, help me please! I'm losing my mind!

You don't say what type of mic or what problem you are having with recording from that mic. If the mic is dynamic just plug in, set your trim control to "Mic" and record. See p31 in Manual.
If the mic is condenser/electret then you need Phantom Power switched on. See p147 in Manual. Note the Input channel for Phantom Power.

Back