Recording guitar with an audio interface and PC

Well I wanna say thank you for your time! You really helped me out. I hope I will have enough experience in the future in order to help others as well. Peace & love to you!

Dave - how weird we both like Tannoys. I had to downsize my studio in 2004 on a move and I sold (stupidly) my 15" Tannoys - a bad decision. I just sat on some steps here in the theatre A speaker very close and the phone app said the peak was somewhat loud! My ears told me that!
I bought them blind Rob! I have never even heard a pair of Tannoy DCs! I made my choice from a magazine shootout where the reviewers could not see which speaker they were auditioning nor its price. The 5As consistently beat more expensive models. Then, I have know of "Tannoy" all my life and thought "They know a thing or three about 'sound', will go that way" Also, Tannoy really just made speakers and PA equipment, not every other electronic gimcrack on the market.

Re SPL meters on phones. I have the Keuwlsoft meter on mine. Gives a crude RTA as well. I have a 15 quid Maplin dBC meter and clibrated the Ksoft against that. One way to do this is to get to a 'silent ' place or at least where you cannot hear any noise. Callibrate the meter to 25dBC and you will be in the ball park.

Dave.

Back