Recording Fender Mustang Amp

C4th

Hi,
Iv been using a line 6 Pod hd desktop for quite a while now, iv never seemed to get along with it and was thinking about getting a
Fender Mustang III v2 or the floor pedal version.
Lately iv been recording my Marshall VM to my Palmer PD03 and then into my Tascam DP24 portastudio. And while iv been getting better results, im still not
that happy with the sound im getting.
So i was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what version of the Mustang i should get for direct recording. I would also still like to use my
Palmer as my cab sim.
Also would the set up of the Mustang directly into my Tascam work as direct recording, or would i have to use its cab sim?
Any advice you may have will be much appreciated.

Mainly because of noise levels, to get a good sound out of the marshall, i have to really crank it.

Mainly because of noise levels, to get a good sound out of the marshall, i have to really crank it.
Power soak? Not ideal I know but then there really is no way to get a steaming valve 50watter in a matchbox.

If you can make noises in the 90dBSPL region (VERY loud telly) you would need to cut the power to about a watt depending upon the speakers.
If you have to have it quiet enough to not wake the chavvy in the next room you are doomed to ***t sound!
You COULD try a GOOD modeller (I mention no names!)

Dave.

Thanks for reply. Well yes that's what im saying, i tried the Pod Hd which is a amp modular, but im not really happy with the sound and its far too involved just to get a half
decent tone. Im pretty happy with the sound of the palmer but not the amp i run through it, so i suppose its either a new amp or amp modular.

Back