recording bug

Musicmate007

I recently purchased the Tascam 32SD, having previously owned a 2488 Neo. When i play any sound..say im playing keyboard chords(vamping), the notes are short
and sharp, they way i want them, but when played through the Tascam, they are elongated, no effects are on, in fact i 'intilaised' the unit just to make sure, but this still happens, i never had this problem with the Neo. The unit is new and i have just started using it . . anyone out there experience anything similar.. and a fix ?
Regards
Donnie

I went here for a recording of a bug.

How is the keyboard connected to the Tascam? If it's digital it might have something to do with a sustain setting of some sort.

Sorry, that's all I've got. I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Thanks for replies guys - SD card is fine . . i get this without recording.. just listening to the keyboard straight through the Tascam, just a simple straightforward line in, thing is, i had no problems like this on the Neo i had previously. Putting it another way, the sound comming out of the keyboard is altered when going through the Tascam. I put 'recording bug' in as i cannot really record proper untill i get this sorted out.

Last edited:
Assuming you have the audio out of your keyboard into the instrument inputs of the Tascam, sounds to me like the Tascam's FX are on - reverb or delay.

Back