Recording bass guitar

A cheap bass.

Although I have to admit, I'm recording a band in drop fart tuning and decided a bass VST was going to work out better (if anyone knows a bass that will stay in tune in drop G let me know). I hope this trend of trying to tune your guitar into the depths of Satans asshole dies soon. It sounds fucking stupid.

What's your target audience, whales?

IMHO, I think you should look at an SX bass. I got this one, and I think it was around $130 including shipping and a gig bag.

SX Ursa 1 RN 3TS w/Bag - RondoMusic.com

I tried out Fender Squires too, and this one outshone it in every way to me. They're the best bargain on music gear that I've ever seen. A lot of people replace the pickups with some nicer ones, and you wind up with something that can really stand up to the big boys. Check out this link to see what I'm talking about.

SX VS FENDER - YouTube

YMMV

I see the OP was banned. So this comment is for anyone else who might be hitting this thread. There's nothing like the sound of a real bass for a recording where you want quality. DI works great, and the best DI in the whole wide world is the A-Designs REDDI. Costs a purty penny but it sounds WONDERFUL. This tube DI is great for both live sound and tracking.

4706.jpg

Back