Recording and mixing on a backingtrack

ben HP

hi all,,,,
i have mixed and mastered backing track and i improvise a lead solo on it....
and i noticed that when i play backing track and keyboard solo apart everything works great
but when i play this two track together output level will increase....
what i have to do for this ????

Not sure what you are asking. You have a backing track, you add another part and the sum (end mix) is louder? That's the way it should work. If you want the overall volume to be the same whether your lead part is there or not, you have to adjust the backing track's volume accordingly. Or you can automate the volume for the whole mixed song.

Not sure what you are asking. You have a backing track, you add another part and the sum (end mix) is louder? That's the way it should work. If you want the overall volume to be the same whether your lead part is there or not, you have to adjust the backing track's volume accordingly. Or you can automate the volume for the whole mixed song.

Someone are taking about 'ducking' ....
Can I use ducking for this subject?

'Ducking' is using a side-chain compressor to reduce the volume in another track based on the track you want to be 'in front' - its a wa of doing automatic volume automation.

In which program are you recording /playing your backing track? :)

Here are 10 nice tracks you can play to directly in your browser. You can mute tracks you don't need and record the ideas. I hope it helps you :) Not a big help in Logic/Cubase though, so hope somebody more competent can answer you this, when you specified your problem more :)

Turn down the backing tracks and then mix the other track into it. That will keep it from overloading.

You will need to remaster.

Back