Reasonable price bass

Phrasemaker

Hi, I decided to get a reasonably priced bass as a back up and to give me some options while recording, as the other one I own is totally different. Having liked the look of these a while back and finding them out of stock for ages in the colour option I wanted, I decided to grab one when the opportunity arose last week. It's a Schecter Omen extreme 4 in black cherry. The finish is comparable to instruments I own which cost a good few times as much as this bass. It has active pickups and the hardware is finished in black chrome. Having played it for several hours I have to say I'm impressed, I might raise the action slightly to suit my playing style, but other than that no issues with it. The range of tones is vast, and easily dialed in between pickup blend and tone controls, it also has quite a high output when cranked up. I'd certainly recommend trying one out if looking to spend £320-350 on a bass. I got a good deal on mine as I use the same retailer for all my needs, but they hover around that price range.

Bass.jpg

4 strings - cool & easier to manage.
You'll now have a range of options.
Lucky you!

Yes it's far easier to negotiate than my six string, but I'm still glad I got the six string first as it made me work harder gaining some understanding and technique. Like many of us here, I work my nuts off and do extra shifts and make sure my family commitments a served first before shelling out on equipment. Being at a certain time of life I need to be set up for leaner times in future so I can play music even if I have to live on bread and potatoes ;-) I hope life is treating you well Ray, I've had a busy couple of weeks so hoping to get something done over the weekend in a musical sense, maybe less complex than what I've been doing of late but at very least something to build on.

all the best

Tim

Hello Tim,
Life's been "as busy as" for the last 3 weeks and it seems like that will continue for the next 7 weeks so I'll have to crowbar some time ito my weekends to make music.
Friday this week was particularly hectic - dropped my motorcycle in the rain on the way to work on Friday. getting that collected and repairs before day's end made the working day even more hectic but at least it's road ready for Monday!
Enjoy the freedom of the four!

Sorry to hear about your bike Ray, although always better to bend a bike than its owner, speaking from personal experience of ploughing fields with my knees on a couple of occasions. I'm kinda stumped at the minute, I have a bare bones track with no lyrics and finding them tough to come up with, also a colab coming up and a local artist who wants a few tracks recorded for a demo CD. I have my sights on the few days annual leave booked for early next month to get some serious recording done. The bass is playing well, I put a few drum tracks together with some awkward progressions and timings to get my playing a bit sharper. I'm still mightily impressed by it for the cost of the instrument.

all the best Ray,

Tim

Thanks moresound, I don't have your name and that sounds a tad impersonal, the picture doesn't really do it justice to the extent I'm considering the seven string guitar they make in the same finish, though the two ranges vary a lot in price the higher end version has abalone in the binding which makes it look a rather nice.

all the best

Tim

Back