NGD

SHEPPARDB.

IMG_0950.jpeg
Nik Huber Orca 59. I have been craving one since foolishly parting with my NH Goldtop.Two of these arrived at my buddy's shop, and I was lucky enough to spend some time playing both. Decided on this on because I preferred the understated look of it. I have always enjoyed the sound of an LP, but have always played Strats of one kind or another, and that bit of resistance that you get from a 25.5 scale length has become a big part of the way I play. LP's are so slinky feeling to me that I have never been able to bond with one, and Ive owned some great ones. The Orca 59 has a 25" scale length, and a fat ass neck, that I really dig. Haussel 59's are without a doubt the best pickups Ive ever used. I can't think of a single negative in there sound. The way they behave thru a dimed amp is a thing of tonal beauty. Swing it back toward the amp, and you get the most controllable, and musical feed back you will ever hear. More sound variations than I can count, simply by using the volume and tone controls. Way too nice of an axe for a hack like me, but I was able to justify the expense by reasoning that I have been playing most of my life, don't plan to quit, so may as well stop bullshitting around and get the guitar I want. The only bad thing is that a bunch of jobs hit at the same time, and I haven't had a day off to sit down and enjoy it. An hour here or there. Going to spend some quality time with it this weekend though, and looking forward to it.

View attachment 133433
Nik Huber Orca 59. I have been craving one since foolishly parting with my NH Goldtop.Two of these arrived at my buddy's shop, and I was lucky enough to spend some time playing both. Decided on this on because I preferred the understated look of it. I have always enjoyed the sound of an LP, but have always played Strats of one kind or another, and that bit of resistance that you get from a 25.5 scale length has become a big part of the way I play. LP's are so slinky feeling to me that I have never been able to bond with one, and Ive owned some great ones. The Orca 59 has a 25" scale length, and a fat ass neck, that I really dig. Haussel 59's are without a doubt the best pickups Ive ever used. I can't think of a single negative in there sound. The way they behave thru a dimed amp is a thing of tonal beauty. Swing it back toward the amp, and you get the most controllable, and musical feed back you will ever hear. More sound variations than I can count, simply by using the volume and tone controls. Way too nice of an axe for a hack like me, but I was able to justify the expense by reasoning that I have been playing most of my life, don't plan to quit, so may as well stop bullshitting around and get the guitar I want. The only bad thing is that a bunch of jobs hit at the same time, and I haven't had a day off to sit down and enjoy it. An hour here or there. Going to spend some quality time with it this weekend though, and looking forward to it.
Lovely!
What's the weight?

Nick’s a helluva nice guy. Takes real pride in his work. Everything of his I’ve seen is top notch!
Enjoy!

Back