Reaper

I tried it on my old XP machine, but it kept freezing the entire computer (Grrrr...) Probably some conflict somewhere. So I'll have to wait until I upgrade.

Does anyone run Reaper on Vista? Is it happy and stable?

i have to say that this program is now the greatest thing since sliced bread. seriously. been using Cool Edit Pro, but this thing has brilliant MIDI implementation that even I can understand, plus hosting for VST and DXi instruments, and most coolest of all:

"Right click and apply to items as new take" ... F-ING BRILLIANT!!

I'm definitely buying this once my trial runs out. this guy(s) deserves money.

Jotosuds said:
i have to say that this program is now the greatest thing since sliced bread. seriously. been using Cool Edit Pro, but this thing has brilliant MIDI implementation that even I can understand, plus hosting for VST and DXi instruments, and most coolest of all:

"Right click and apply to items as new take" ... F-ING BRILLIANT!!

I'm definitely buying this once my trial runs out. this guy(s) deserves money.

LOL i gues youre not buying it :eek:

:confused:

:D

jmasek said:
I tried it on my old XP machine, but it kept freezing the entire computer (Grrrr...) Probably some conflict somewhere. So I'll have to wait until I upgrade.

The demo project uses *.ogg audio files, some computers have massive trouble playing these. Convert them to *.wav's by hitting file\consolidate and see what happens

jmasek said:
Does anyone run Reaper on Vista? Is it happy and stable?

So far so good, still waiting on most soundcard drivers and plugin companies though

Big thumbs up for Reaper:

I've been trying it out and just got two other computers on my network set up with VSTs using ReaMote (one on my kid's 2.8Ghz game PC and the other on my older 2.2Ghz Win2k office PC).

I would have had to spend $200 for FXTeleport or several thousand to do the same thing with dedicated DSP boxes.

Now I can run VSTs remotely on those computers while my laptop DAW just sits here and plays the tracks with VERY little CPU hit....

Back