Reaper vs. N-track

Okay, so where do I get Reaper from?

I've been away from recording for quite a while. I had N-track for ages - the version i have is probably from 2001 or so- and I never upgraded it. I liked it, and my PC recording is really minimal, but I am interested in this.

Tim

whats with the disclaimer?.....

some numbnutz made a easily testable claim about something, I asked him to back it up, instead he ad-hom'd me, so I asked him for any evidence at all, so I got booted for "advertising"

So I'm just saying...

well well, i have missed the Reaper 4 sho......(yo Gidge--long time);)

i downloaded the reaper demo and yea---kinda cool. now i wonder if it comes in Linux? mainly because my audiophile 24/96 works in Linux. but not N-track with Vista.

I use Vista and Linux but the 24/96 don't have drivers for Vista yet....I don't have a legit copy of XP anymore so nix Xp.:rolleyes:

Any reaper for Linux on the horizon?

some numbnutz made a easily testable claim about something, I asked him to back it up, instead he ad-hom'd me, so I asked him for any evidence at all, so I got booted for "advertising"

So I'm just saying...

so you're saying you don't have any ties to Reaper, monetary or otherwise?

I always assumed you did.....

well well, i have missed the Reaper 4 sho......(yo Gidge--long time);)

i downloaded the reaper demo and yea---kinda cool. now i wonder if it comes in Linux? mainly because my audiophile 24/96 works in Linux. but not N-track with Vista.

I use Vista and Linux but the 24/96 don't have drivers for Vista yet....I don't have a legit copy of XP anymore so nix Xp.:rolleyes:

Any reaper for Linux on the horizon?
yo jw, good to see ya....that sucks about the Audiophile with no Vista drivers.....I'm still on XP so hopefully by the time I go to XP the problem will be solved....I figured M-Audio would have been more on the ball with drivers......:mad:

so you're saying you don't have any ties to Reaper, monetary or otherwise?

I always assumed you did.....

As of 7/07 I have some contract work with Cockos, but what we were talking about wasn't advertising in any way, I was actually making a point defending Sonar and Vegas and how they spent years and massive effort trying to get UA to fix the UAD-1 drivers.

The typical tard defense when you are on the losing end of an argument is to attack the messenger, and thats just what they did. Evidence based arguments, just like evidence based medicine havce a way of sticking after a while, but in the short term those who scream the most get the most attention...I'd rather be in it for the long haul.

....I figured M-Audio would have been more on the ball with drivers......:mad:
yea me to. then again, this card is over 5 years old(me owning it anyway) so one would think they'd catch up. but it's not just M-audio that's lagging behind, it's a lot of hardware. my i gig cruzer thumb drive won't even work on Vista. the newer 4 gigs will......:rolleyes:

when i got my new HP Pavilion back in March it came with Vista---and i needed a windows OS that worked. well, obviously not recording wise.

i downloaded reaper last night and what do i see tonight? a new Reaper forum. man--what timeing. ;)

dissapointed lately with my soundcard woes, i have been seriously looking at the Tascam Dp1-fx (close?) 8 track. i have never been an astute computer recording guy, and the Tascam reminded me of the old 4track days. it's all right there in front of you. then i can run the mix down to my computer to master.

i'm trying to formulate a plan of recording attack.....now here comes the Reaper...:eek:

why can't i just show up at yalls place (Gidge:D) and record my next album?
helluva lot easier.....:)

gonna go check out the REAPER!!

Just did a quick test

N-Track:
loads 10+ seconds on my underclocked pc
the interface is sluggish and loaded with that "looks pretty" crap
with an empty project it takes 80+ megs of RAM

Reaper:
loads in 3 sec or so
the interface is lightning fast
memory footprint 15+ megs

Ya know, it was an easy choice for me :cool:

I didn't spend much time on the issue, but it also seemed to me that Reason is set up for single video monitor use only, where I can separate the mixers from the timeline in N, and put them on different screens in a multi-monitor set up. Did I miss this in Reaper?

Back