Reaper License...HELP

coopkenta

Ok, I wanna download reaper, but I hate shareware...on one page the reaper site said that the "evaluation" period is unlimited, and they "trust" the user to buy a license after they try it, but another page said something about "when the evaluation period runs out..." ...I'm confused. Call me a pirate if you will, but in all honesty, does reaper ever completely stop working at any point if you don't buy a license?

No Reaper never stops working if you go past the 30 days. Although for only $50 there's no reason why you can't buy it after that period of time.

Ok, I wanna download reaper, but I hate shareware...on one page the reaper site said that the "evaluation" period is unlimited, and they "trust" the user to buy a license after they try it, but another page said something about "when the evaluation period runs out..." ...I'm confused. Call me a pirate if you will, but in all honesty, does reaper ever completely stop working at any point if you don't buy a license?

After 30 days, they merely ask that you stop and contemplaye buying Reaper for a six-second pause before the program continues booting up.

I downloaded it a few months back and haven't gotten a liscense yet, but I haven't really been recording since my hard drive's full. After I replace it, I'll definitely be buying it. for $50, it's a no-brainer, and I love their business model.

Obviously no one's going to track down a 15-year-old.

But people who drop a $500 program into your lap should be rewarded,
so if you start using it a lot, Mommy and Daddy can pony up $50 for
a birthday or holiday present for you....

Justin deserves it for what he's given us.

Yeah, it's worth the money to just go ahead and get the license. You still get all the updates. And it's cool to see your name at the top of the screen instead of 'evaluation copy' or what-have-you.

Back